Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Streaming audio chain  (Read 7127 times)

Splash-fm

• View Profile
Streaming audio chain
« on: October 22, 2013, 07:10:20 AM »
How do I find out where the problem is in my audio chain when I have service interruptions? Is there a way to diagnose the problem.

I lost a lot of listeners this morning because my stream went down. It was only down for a minute or two before I was able to correct the issue.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Peter

icastcenter

• StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
    • View Profile
    • iCastCenter.com
Re: Streaming audio chain
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:20:02 PM »
Hi Peter,

Could you tell us more about how you broadcast? For example, do you broadcast 24/7 from your computer, or do you use an auto dj, etc?
Brandon Wade
Owner, iCastCenter.com - StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
http://www.icastcenter.com

Splash-fm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 05:47:00 AM »
I use a dedicated computer 24/7 for the station. That's the only thing that runs on that machine. It's a Mac Mini.

I use Nicecast and I have Comcast as my Internet supplier.

icastcenter

• StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
    • View Profile
    • iCastCenter.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »
OK. During the service interruption, first look at the encoder in your broadcast software and check if it is connected or not. Then look at your Shoutcast server's status page (i.e. http://IP:PORT) and see if it reports that your stream is "up". If it says it's down, then it's an issue between you and your stream provider. If your Shoutcast server's status page cannot be displayed, then it's definitely an issue with your stream provider.

It's also possible to experience the issue you described if you maxed out your listener slots. When you max out listener slots, Shoutcast acts like it is not even on at all. So that's another issue to look at and if necessary upgrade your streaming plan.
Brandon Wade
Owner, iCastCenter.com - StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
http://www.icastcenter.com

Splash-fm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 05:15:19 PM »
Ok. I got home after the storms we had today. I'm assuming our power may have been interrupted. One computer was off, but the one with the audio stream was running and my automation software was running fine. When I checked my stream, I got 15 seconds of buffered audio (from a song from earlier in the day). But if you look at the attached pictures, you will see some interesting stuff. The stream is showing that it is online with correct title and artist, etc. But I stopped the broadcast in Nicecast, because it was having trouble logging in. When I hit Start Broadcast, it wouldn't login. What's up? I ended up stopping the server from the Icecast site and then starting it again. Then starting the broadcast in Nicecast and it logged in. Anyone?

Splash-fm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 05:19:09 PM »
screen shot #2