Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Catch All Discussion Board / Re: Low ATH on Saturday?
« Last post by mrbill on Today at 08:22:15 AM »
My 30 day ATH, which normally is close to 7,000, is at 86.  The problem has not been fixed yet.  I'm curious to see what my next bill will be.  If they base it off their ATH number, it will obviously be much lower than my normal monthly bill.
Catch All Discussion Board / Re: Crickets...
« Last post by CharlieF on September 14, 2017, 03:28:44 AM »
You wrote: "BMI stated in an email to one client of SL that they were working with SL to resolve this issue." That's great news, but why aren't we hearing that from SL? I personally don't feel wronged, but I don't like the way this is being handled. Again if law enforcement is looking into this it could get ugly not to mention put a lot of pressure on SL to settle this even if the terms aren't in their (our) favor because we would have to bear the brunt of a price increase. Logistically I may not be able to switch off SL by the end of the month unless it's not by my choice. Of course I will re-evaluate the situation, but I am leaning to bail if this situation still isn't going in the right direction.
« Last post by TheDrunkenScoundrel on September 12, 2017, 09:03:24 PM »
BMI stated in an email to one client of SL that they were working with SL to resolve this issue.
This makes ASCAP's response (IMHO) pretty crappy and maybe even downright deceptive.
I am much less worried than most because I live in California and we have a law here that allows citizens to basically assume the mantle of the CA State Attorney General.
If I feel I have been wronged I will take that route.
As it stands now I am standing pat and waiting for the dust to settle.
There is a great deal of legal wrangling in the industry right now and I expect it to be that way for some time.
I continue to pay my bills and will continue to act in good faith.
I know I have options so I am going to do things the way I have been doing them.
If someone comes to me and says I need to pay them extra, I will deal with it then.
« Last post by CharlieF on September 12, 2017, 05:48:53 PM »
I have very little faith in SL or whatever the company is being called this week in resolving this issue. If law enforcement is involved it could be a matter of weeks or even days before SL is shut down.
« Last post by elvise on September 12, 2017, 05:00:18 PM »
Hey the_grand,

Get on Facebook and request to join the "Internet Broadcasting Group." Then, once accepted, search "streamlicensing" and sort by Most Recent. 

Then you drill down on each particular topic in order to see all the replies.

There, they are much more on top of things than this board, which seems to be frequented by only a handful of broadcasters.

But, there are clearly two factions--one group that wants to take a wait and see approach (personally, I think we're way beyond that point), some of whom paid ASCAP the $200 and another group who have bailed, including a couple of broadcasters who have taken matters to the authorities in Florida. I don't blame them one bit. I've paid over $1,000 myself since last November.

« Last post by transistoroldies on September 12, 2017, 12:40:44 PM »
Nothing since August 24. :-\
« Last post by the_grand on September 12, 2017, 12:35:32 PM »
Have there been any more communications from SL? At this point I'm out of the loop myself, but I would like to know what's happening in the event things take an upturn.

I'm not counting on anything good at this point, but not ready to stop hoping for a resolution, either.

With news of the BMI license being cancelled also, I have to say that I'm glad I did not sign up with ASCAP.
« Last post by CharlieF on September 10, 2017, 08:08:20 AM »
I think we are on a death watch at this point. If it's true that BMI has suspended SL's license, that is not good, if law enforcement is involved that makes it worse. I am working to move off of SL before month's end. If you look at the station directory on the main website There are only 999 there and that number is dropping daily. I think at their peak SL was close to 5,000 affiliates.
Catch All Discussion Board / Re: Saying Good Bye Is Hard
« Last post by GabbyGary on September 07, 2017, 06:52:04 PM »
It's way harder to say good bye to internet radio than I originally thought. I missed it before I was even gone. I'm back playing the Classic Hits from the 1950s through the 2000s on GreatGold.fm.

Thanks to some kind words of encouragement from fellow Stream Licensing members and a few dollars slowly being raised toward a gravestone and final burial expenses for my sister. The giving is appreciated and eases the burden some.

https://www.gofundme.com/memorial-for-sister-susie

I have also started up, anew, the Be A GreatGold Booster promotion at my GreatGold website in hopes that listeners will increase the internet radio stations financial picture. That, hopefully, will make it easier to support my internet radio hobby and pay the licensing expenses needed to legally operate.

I have revamped two website pages and created some Be A Booster related images to facilitate the promotion:

http://greatgold.fm/classic-hits/me/boosters-keep-the-tunes-coming/

http://greatgold.fm/classic-hits/me/support-the-greatgold-music-stream/

Here's hoping the continued donations from good willed people wanting to help out with my sister's post burial expenses, and Classic Hit Lovers supporting the 24 hour play of favorite tunes, will, combined, ease the burden of my favorite retirement hobby.

Thanks for all of the interest by you guys and gals who have stopped by this topic on the forum.

Gary

« Last post by TheDrunkenScoundrel on September 05, 2017, 11:36:39 PM »
Drunken, they finally got it fixed (Oi2 player issue) last week.

Now, the latest thing:  it's the 3rd of the month and they haven't yet (as of this morning) sent out the reporting e-mail reminder.  Maybe it's because their listener hours/performances counting mechanism is now broken. If it's not one thing, it's another.  Will this ever end?
Probably not any time soon.
This is going to be a long process.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10