Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: percentage of revenue derived by....  (Read 5794 times)

Renegade Roadhouse

• View Profile
percentage of revenue derived by....
« on: February 07, 2012, 08:34:13 PM »
I'd like to get a feel for what percentage of revenue your websites derive from different sources.  Such as what percentage comes from e-commerce links like Amazon and iTunes, what percentage from display ads and pre-roll ads, and what comes from putting out the ol' tip jar.

For our site, it looks like it's just going to be the tip jar option.  I had envisioned my partner being the owner of record, since he has funded the whole thing.  But, he has a real problem w/ disclosing SSNs over the internet, even if they go over secured https sites.  OK, he's a technophobe.  And at the same time, I'm not going to blame him for his position.

Another sub-question to above:  which does better in the revenue dept., Amazon or iTunes?   I'm an Amazon customer, but as a Colorado resident I can't be an Amazon affiliate.  (It's about the several states including CO that want Amazon to collect state sales taxes)

thanks..

Russ

icastcenter

• StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
    • View Profile
    • iCastCenter.com
Re: percentage of revenue derived by....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »
I can't comment about your questions specifically, however I know you can get a EIN (Employer Identification Number) from the IRS for free on their website and use that instead of your actual SSN. You don't have to be an employer to receive an EIN.
Brandon Wade
Owner, iCastCenter.com - StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
http://www.icastcenter.com

Renegade Roadhouse

• View Profile
Re: percentage of revenue derived by....
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 01:09:06 AM »
that may be an option, thanks.   Seems a shame I can't be an Amazon affiliate myself after all the money we sent their way (if Hoover Vacuum cleaners can figure out how to charge state and local sales tax on their website for a couple of lousy belts, then Amazon can too!)