Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: I'm an Idiot  (Read 8676 times)

kjdunn29680

• View Profile
I'm an Idiot
« on: July 07, 2012, 02:21:09 PM »
I've downloaded Radio DJ, I also have Zara and Dirrettore Broadcast. I have also downloaded Shoutcast and ICECAST KH.  That was the easy part. Are there step by step directions on how yo set up RadioDJ and on how to set up either shoutcast or icescat. I also have Edcast standalone and need to configure that as well.  I need to know how all this works beforeai  can sign up for stream licensing.

THanks

Kevin

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
Re: I'm an Idiot
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »
Kevin,
If you have Zara or Dirrettore working and Edcast standalone you have everything you need except for the stream server.  I use Radiodj myself for my radio station and love it but any of the three programs you mention will do the job. 

What you lack is the stream server. Unless you have a lot of Internet bandwidth, and unless you have a lot of server knowledge, I recommend you rent some shoutcast slots from an established stream server.  Then you configure your edcast standalone to send the stream to the stream server using the player IP:port they give you and you are on the air.

Your stream server provider  can help you get the configuration in your edcast set up right to send the signal to their stream server.  We will help you set up StreamLicensing to pull the needed data from the stream server, and you can use our player page, until such time as you get one built the way you want. 

More info: If you want help setting up radiodj go to radiodj.ro and read and or join their forum and you can get help there on radiodj.  When you choose a Stream Server provider, be sure you choose one who uses the versions we support.  See our F.A.Q. for more info. Some of our Preferred providers are also on this forum, or you can email me direct using the StreamLicensing contact email address for a list of preferred providers.

Marvin
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com

kjdunn29680

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 07:26:51 PM »
I have installed RadioDJ and Edcast Standalone.  Metadata will stream fine, but no audio going to the server.  RadiDJ will not talk to Edcast.  Any suggestions?

icastcenter

• StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
    • View Profile
    • iCastCenter.com
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 10:40:23 PM »
Hopefully you have a "Stereo Mix" recording device on your computer. If so, you will want to have Radio DJ input from "Stereo Mix".

Sometimes computers have Stereo Mix but don't have it enabled. Especially in Win7. Goto Control Panel -> Sound -> Manage Audio Devices
Click the "Recording" tab. Then right-click in the white area and make sure "Show Disabled Devices" is checked. If not, check it. Hopefully you will see a "Stereo Mix" device appear. If not, your computer's sound card doesn't support that feature.

If that's the case, and you can't find Stereo Mix anywhere on your computer as a recording device, then you will need a program such as Virtual Audio Cable. I don't recall their website address, but perhaps Marvin (admin) could step in with a link?

Alternatively, I am aware that the Breakaway audio processing software automatically includes virtual audio devices to output to, along with a virtual audio device for Edcast to record from. This would give your station the ultimate sound.
Brandon Wade
Owner, iCastCenter.com - StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
http://www.icastcenter.com

kjdunn29680

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 11:17:49 AM »
Icastcenter,

THanks for the advice. I stayed up half the night and figured that out. The sound card i had did not have anytype of mix out. So I dug out my cheap usb sound card and loaded it up and got it all working.  But I am going to take a look at breakaway. I have heard some good things about it.
Thanks again.

Kevin Dunn
Holiday America Radio
www.holidayamericaradio.com
www.facebook.com/holidayamericaradio