Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Are there advantages to NOT being listed?...  (Read 3685 times)

Renegade Roadhouse

• View Profile
Are there advantages to NOT being listed?...
« on: August 13, 2012, 10:15:45 PM »
We recently changed streaming providers for The Renegade Roadhouse.  Previously we were listed on the Shoutcast directory, and we had pretty good listener numbers. 

But, a lot of them were European song rippers.  Someone who jumps into the stream for just one song is someone who is going to be even harder to monetize than they already are.  And they definitely aren't coming in though our website to link to players there.

We've got a pretty small contigent of Facebook followers, but I think they have found our new server.  We currently don't have a website as the old provider put it in their name. 

So, even though we only had about 750 listener hours over the last 30 days, most of those have been from North America.  Session times are way up over the old server, plagued as it was by song rippers.

Currently we are not listed on Shoutcast.  And I think I want to keep it that way.  I think with occasional FB ads we'll have more people eventually access us through our website, people that can eventually be served with ads.   

I'd be interested in what other folks think, whether they agree or disagree.

UrbanHitzRadio

• View Profile
    • .::((Urban Hitz Radio™))::.WHERE R&B and HIP HOP CONNECT ...24/7!
Re: Are there advantages to NOT being listed?...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 03:39:20 PM »
I remember some years ago, I had a stream ripper RE-BROADCAST my entire station on Shoutcast....lol

riverregionmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 12:22:14 PM »
Shoutcast listings provide false Listeners as many tend to be stream rippers, and also i'm afraid that it also invites a dangerous loophole for soundexchange to say we're broadcasting without coverage.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 01:26:33 PM »
If you are licensed, being listed on Shoutcast is approved and won't cause you a problem. Being listed on Shoutcast if you AREN'T licensed could indeed be an invitation for trouble.
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com