Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: DMCA and program schedules  (Read 4422 times)

Sionnach

• Beag air bheag.
    • View Profile
    • Hard To Port Radio
DMCA and program schedules
« on: January 14, 2013, 08:26:18 AM »
One more question :)

My plan is to run a fairly diverse schedule, with shows dealing with different genres/styles airing at different times on different days and I had wanted to put up a simple program guide on my website (currently in development) to show when the 80's show, or the Classic Rock show would be airing. No specifics about what's going to be played in terms of tracks, just indicating when you can hear a paticular genre/style at a particular time.

In the DMCA compliance information, I see the following paragraph:

You may not publish any advance program guides or use a chat/discussion function or any other means to pre-announce when a particular song will be played or the order in which songs will be played. DJ "teaser" announcements using artists' names are permitted, but only those that do not specify the time a song will be played.

Does this restriction mean that I can't put a guide on my site saying "Classic Rock: Monday at 9pm", or are they talking about being more specific, such as "We'll be playing 'Paranoid' by Black Sabbath during our Classic Rock show on Monday at 9pm".

I get what the DMCA restrictions are trying to do; they seem pretty reasonable in my opinion. Be a shame if I can't do this, but then I can always resort to on-air promos instead.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Le gach deagh dhùrachd / with very best wishes,
Steaphanaidh.

cashaber

• View Profile
Re: DMCA and program schedules
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 06:13:58 PM »
I would like to know this as well..

This means to me the same as a "DJ TEASER"  I am not announcing the time a certain song will be played just the artist that could be expected.

Could some one elaborate on this ruling?
thanks

icastcenter

• StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
    • View Profile
    • iCastCenter.com
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 03:33:19 PM »
It is my understanding that the spirit of the rule is to restrict you from allowing listeners to pre-determine when specific songs will air. There is nothing wrong with putting a show guide / schedule on your website like the following:

Monday
8am - 11am Classic Rock
11am - 1pm 80's Flashback
1pm - 5pm Classic Rock

I am not entirely sure whether or not you can say that a specific artist will air into a DJ teaser. Perhaps Marvin (the admin) will chime in here and elaborate on this further.
Brandon Wade
Owner, iCastCenter.com - StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
http://www.icastcenter.com

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »
Brandon is correct and you CAN do artist teasers, just do not give title of song or other info specific enough to allow listeners to figure out ahead what song is next or when a specific song will play.

Marivn
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com

Sionnach

• Beag air bheag.
    • View Profile
    • Hard To Port Radio
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 10:23:48 AM »
Ah good to know, thank you!
My website now includes a show schedule, but I don't tip on artists and songs, just genres!
http://hardtoportradio.com/
Le gach deagh dhùrachd / with very best wishes,
Steaphanaidh.