Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Is anybody else having same issue with iTunes  (Read 4580 times)

thomas

• View Profile
    • Big Mix Radio
Is anybody else having same issue with iTunes
« on: May 03, 2013, 07:49:58 AM »
I have for a long time done very well off of iTunes =-) But since the new player update, I have noticed a drop in listeners, windows media has remained strong =-) Anybody else having the same issue?

Thomas

Wohooo Networks

• View Profile
    • Wohooo Networks
Re: Is anybody else having same issue with iTunes
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 09:16:30 AM »
The main reason I would say is that when you install the new itunes, the Internet Radio sections is not displayed in the tabs you will have to set it manually in the settings.
Wohooo Networks: www.wohooo.net :- Radio Hosting - Web Hosting - Domain Name - Stream Licensing - Mobile Apps - Radio Software - Web Design - Airtime Radio Automation Software

Deltafox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 05:42:58 PM »
As a help for our listeners, I posted the following page on our website explaining how to get iTunes back to "normal".
http://radio252.moonfruit.com/itunes-tips/4583806023

Feel free to use it if you think it would be helpful.

Renegade Roadhouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 04:27:44 PM »
I've noticed the dropoff of iTunes users, especially in the last month.  Now I know the reason.  In my opinion, this change was intentional on the part of iTunes to keep people away from independent streams and direct them to iTunes owned content.

It's a good business decision on their part, but a bad one for us.  I'm glad I've been putting clickable links to the Roadhouse site on my YouTube videos, or there would hardly be anyone online with us at all. 

A couple of months ago, 75% of our listeners used iTunes players.  Today, it's only one in five.

#i99MusicRadio

• View Profile
    • http://i99Radio.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 02:47:13 PM »
I feel that the iTunes listeners are bots sometimes. I see some that listen for 24+ hours before I disconnect them. Only good if you have a listener limit, not a bandwidth limit. We had a bandwidth limit plan, then switched to a user limit account after seeing the amount of bandwidth it consumes.
#i99MusicRadio
The Alternative Music You Request!