Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Icecast mountpoints question  (Read 4098 times)

Capt_Avatar

• View Profile
    • KONA Stream
Icecast mountpoints question
« on: February 10, 2014, 04:28:25 PM »
Hi, I am in the process of moving over from LoudCity to Stream Licensing and I am going to switch from a V2 Icecast server to a KH server. Currently I am connecting to the /live mount and have listeners tune in via the /live and /stream mountpoints. That's fine and dandy, but Winamp is wanting to see a ".ogg" tagged onto the mount point, otherwise it will not stream the station. I want my listeners who prefer Winamp to be able to tune into this stream.

My question, can I set my mount points on my new server to /live.ogg . /stream.ogg, and /AutoDJ.ogg in the control panel? Will the AutoDj function properly if pointed at /stream.ogg?
KONA Stream - Classic Hits : 60s 70s 80s & More! Where old memories are found and new ones are made.

icastcenter

• StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
    • View Profile
    • iCastCenter.com
Re: Icecast mountpoints question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 09:51:10 PM »
Last time I tried broadcasting OGG through Icecast-KH I had some issues and gave up, which I believe may be the issues you're running into. I would highly recommend broadcasting in either MP3 or AAC+ format instead, both of which are compatible with Winamp (without the mount point extensions).

Regarding whether or not specific mount points will fallback to others, and which mount points to send listeners to, you'd want to coordinate that with your stream host provider before setting up that stream with StreamLicensing. For example, in our control panel, I can setup multiple custom mount points and I can specify which mount points are fallback.

I'm not saying 100% that OGG is not supported by Icecast-KH, all I'm saying is due to my time constraints, I gave up. It's also possible that the issues I were running into have been since resolved in a newer release of the KH software.
Brandon Wade
Owner, iCastCenter.com - StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
http://www.icastcenter.com

Capt_Avatar

• View Profile
    • KONA Stream
Re: Icecast mountpoints question
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:24:03 AM »
Oi vey, Icecast can be so vexing!   Ultimately what I want is for my OGG stream to be opened by Winamp. Whether it be from a configuration on the server, encoder or maybe a tinkering with the .PLS file? I've listened to OGG streams on Winamp before and the stream info always shows a live.ogg or stream.ogg tacked on the end.

UPDATE

Did some testing today and found that if I set just the encoder to /live.ogg that the links generated by the Centova Control Panel will send that to Winamp to use. The /stream mountpoint however will not work.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:11:35 PM by Capt_Avatar »
KONA Stream - Classic Hits : 60s 70s 80s & More! Where old memories are found and new ones are made.