Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Non Stream Validation Notices  (Read 2589 times)

TomP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Non Stream Validation Notices
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:14:44 AM »
Affiliates,

My name is Tom and some of you already know me by the "Non Stream Validation" notices you get when your stream is not validating.  This letter is to educate folks on when and why we send these notices.

As all of you know, we are required by the agreements made with the PRO's and federal laws, to submit reports on your behalf that include playlists, etc.  The only way we can do that is if your stream is properly validating and we are pulling the proper data.  A non validating stream eventually forces us to cancel the license because we cannot pull the necessary data to file the required reports. We do give you a few weeks to get the stream validating. Cancelling any license is the last thing we want to do but we must obey the agreements and laws.

Each day between 6 am and 8 am est, I look at every stream.  The non validating streams go on a list for 24 hours.  After 24 hours and still red, I send an initial notice notifying the account owner that his stream is not validating with information on how to get it validating.  If it remains red for 5 days I send an additional notice asking for an update on the status of the stream.  If no response after 14 days, Marvin sends a notice concerning cancellation of the license.  We strive to make sure we are doing everything we can to make the proper notifications before cancelling a license or placing the stream inactive.  There are several things you can do to avoid this situation:

1) Check the health of your stream weekly in your streamlicensing account under "my streams". It only takes a minute.   If green, you are good to go.  If red try to get it validating through the tutorial on our site.  If nothing seems to work to get it green, open a ticket and notify us and we will gladly help to get the stream validating.

2) If you are going to be down for more than a few days, place the stream inactive in your streamlicensing account under my streams.  Once you are back up and running it is a simple task to place the stream active again.

3) If you are closing for good, delete the stream from your account and please inform us so we can remove you from the billing cycle.

One of the most common reasons for a non validation notice is bad passwords.   When you change the password with your stream provider for your stream, the new password must be changed here as well under "my stream" section of your account.  Without the new password, your stream will not validate and we cannot file the proper reports on your behalf.

You should know that not every red non validation means it is your fault.  There are times that the stream provider server goes down or other problems that occur to prevent streams from validating. When this happens, we notify the stream provider of the problem and it is usually fixed promptly.  This is just an unavoidable problem that will NOT jeopardize your license.  All stream providers work very hard to ensure we are able to pull the necessary data for proper licensing.

Remember, when you are not validating (red health) and you fix the problem, it will take an hour for the stream health badge to turn from red to orange to green. 

I hope this letter explains the validation process and the potential notices concerning validation. It is extremely important that all of our affiliates are validating properly (green) so we can get the required reports filed on your behalf. 

If you have any questions, feel free to open a ticket and send it in to us.  As you know, John, Cathy, Marvin and myself are pretty quick to respond most days.  We are closed on Friday night until Saturday night so any tickets received during closing time will be responded to on Saturday night or Sunday morning at the earliest.

Have a great day and Happy Streaming!!!!

Tom

TomP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Non Stream Validation Notices
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:15:23 AM »
Affiliates,

We have started to notice a large amount of stations that do not respond to the non validation notices being sent out to those of you that have streams which are not validating.  It is very important that you respond to these notices with the stream status.  For those of you that have responded.....Thank You!  If you don't respond we really don't have much choice other than to cancel coverage. Marvin must be able to pull the data to file the required reports on your behalf.  If he cannot do that, he is in violation of the agreement with the PRO's.  Prolonged and continued violations means Marvin cannot continue to provide small broadcasters with Licensing. 

If we don't hear from you within 2 weeks of continued notification of non validation, we WILL cancel your license coverage at the end of your billing cycle.    Responding to these notices with why your stream is not validating will ensure your continued license coverage.  If you are having trouble getting your stream(s) to validate, respond to these non validation notices asking us for help.  We can typically get these streams validating quickly with additional infomation provided by you.

Thank you!!!!!

Tom