Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Joomla Category Listing (Any Joomla Gurus Here?)  (Read 30038 times)

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
Joomla Category Listing (Any Joomla Gurus Here?)
« on: April 22, 2014, 06:11:09 PM »
Not sure where this belonged, so I put it here in the "Catch All."

I created Artist Bio pages on my site, and added a new Category for the artist bio Articles, listed by alphabetical groupings.

Only problem is, when you click the Category link, "Artist Info" underneath the pages' titles, the bios that I added today are listed at the bottom of the Articles I created several days ago. The last 7 Articles were created today.

Here's the "Category" page that lists the pages:

http://altaredlives.org/index.php/artist-mini-bios/what-s-a-mini-bio/11-artist-info

I can't figure out how to put those 7 Articles (Recording Artists: B, D, M, N, R, O, & S) that I added today in alphabetical order for that Artist Info link or "Category." Can't find anywhere to adjust it.

Those last 7 are listed in the order that I added them to my site today. I'm trying to move them to where they belong, alphabetically, in the list. I alphabetized them under the main menu. Just can't get the Category page to list them alphabetically.

I even tried creating a new Category, then adding the Articles to the new Category in the proper order -- didn't work.

I think it has to do w/ the ID numbering for the pages. I couldn't find where to renumber the article IDs. I don't know if that's possible.

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
Re: Joomla Category Listing (Any Joomla Gurus Here?)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:37:24 PM »
For those who might use or consider using Joomla, I found the answer to my question.

There is no easy way to change the ID nos. and thus the sequence for "lists" could not be changed.

I utilized "save as copy" for the existing pages to create new pages, in the order they belonged. Thus Joomla assigned ID nos. for the new pages sequentially. So the list is now in alphabetical order.  8) It was not as much work as I thought it'd be.