Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: TuneIn, iTunes, setup question  (Read 4284 times)

markgrutz

• View Profile
TuneIn, iTunes, setup question
« on: June 06, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »
Greetings,

I have searched and gather that listing on TuneIn and iTunes are ok, but I have a procedural type question.  I have seen the other threads, but no clear answer.

I understand I have to list the stream under the streams tab in the broadcasters area so the data can be collected. I currently send the stream to Reliastream, and it it tuned into via Streamlicensing. When I add the stream for TuneIn, would I put the IP address (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/listen.pls) from Reliastream? That seems like it would just be several copies of the same feed with different names, is this correct?

I see that TuneIn and iTunes require a URL, and since I don't want to risk TOS violation for not collecting data, I want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

Advice, thoughts?

Mark

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
Re: TuneIn, iTunes, setup question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:10:20 PM »
Hi, Mark.

It's been awhile since I registered w/ iTunes, but I recently was listed w/ TuneIn. TuneIn just needs the streamhost & port URL (the IP that you refer to). iTunes is probably the same -- needing only the streaming URL & port no.

I don't believe your listen.pls metafile is necessary for those two directories. The .pls metafile is to launch a player that plays .pls files, and those other directories will construct their own metafiles for launching the stream from their directory.

markgrutz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 08:29:25 PM »
It has been quite a while since I have had time to mess with this. However, I think I am missing something and maybe Marvin could chime in.

I have a local machine that broadcasts out to ReliaStream. I assume that when you click the listen link on StreamLicensing, that the ReliaStream link is what the StreamLicensing player is relaying, is this correct?

If I add the station to TuneIn or iTunes, then they ask for a stream URL, and I enter the ReliaStream URL, then the respective service launches the link. How does StreamLicensing grab the stream information? I know somehow it has to track the TLH data.

Would anyone who has this set up be willing to put up a screenshot with how it's setup? Or, basically if you have this working correctly does each URL under the Stream Listing heading have the exact same URL?

Perhaps I have missed the point, could it be that since I am only broadcasting one ReliaStream stream, then I only have to list the one stream and StreamLicensing picks up what it needs no mater who launches the stream. It would make sense if I had to broadcasts of the same thing (one in 128kbps and one in 56kbps) then I could see listing the same thing twice.

I can't be the only one that has this question and I have read through the Knowledge base, forums and tutorials. This is either something I am missing or the information just isn't there.

Thank you again,
Mark G.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 08:48:28 AM »
Yes, every tune in goes to your ReliaStream server whether it is from our player, Tunein.com, windows media guide, itunes or our app. We pull the data required for license reports directly from your Reliastream server. This is why having our stream(s) in our monitor panel and validating is so important.

So it tunein or our app or whatever is not relaying it is tuning in directly to your stream server and we pull that data from the server.

So you enter your actual stream address with tunein.com. For the others like iTunes, I recommend letting us host a static pls launch file or asx file for Windows media guide. That way any changes in address port for itunes or WMG can just be made instantly in the launch file we host.

If this leads to further questions or clarifications just ask.

Marvin
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com