Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Copyright Law Changes for 2015 and 2016  (Read 22120 times)

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
Re: Copyright Law Changes for 2015 and 2016
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »
I am still a little confused after reading about CRB decision on http://www.broadcastlawblog.com

It says this
There were no small commercial webcasters who litigated this proceeding – and thus there was no evidence from which the Judges could arrive at a small commercial webcaster rate.

I was wondering why small commercial broadcasters did not litigate on this. Were they not allowed in? Does the CRB consider microcasters small commercial webcasters or are we not even on their radar?

I didn't see that particular statement, but I found this paragraph:

Another controversy that is arising as the result of the expiration of agreements entered into in 2009 under the Webcaster Settlement Acts is the expiration of deals governing small commercial webcasters. As we wrote in our description of the CRB decision, as no small webcasters participated in the CRB proceeding, there was no one to argue for a percentage of revenue royalty that had governed the royalties paid by many small webcasters and “hobbyists.” The Small Webcaster Agreement (about which we wrote here) also expires this week. The Webcaster Settlement Act agreements were entered into after the decision in the 2006 CRB webcasting rate proceeding set rates that many small webcasters believed were too high to allow them to operate. That agreement lasted through the end of this year. A similar situation occurred after the first webcasting royalty proceeding in 2001, when the Small Webcasters Settlement Act was arrived at after the decision seemingly would have put many if not all small webcasters out of business. So small webcasters have had percentage of revenue royalties on which they could rely essentially since the royalties were first initiated. Both webcasting groups ... and some music industry groups ... worry about the loss of diversity that may result if the percentage-of-revenue royalties disappear, and if that results in many of these small independent webcasters actually going out of business. As after the 2001 and 2006 decisions, it is possible that there can be post-decision settlement agreements, but whether such deals can be negotiated and enacted remains to be seen.

I think the operative term in your quote is "litigated." None of them "litigated" in the proceedings. I would only guess that means none of them had their concerns presented as part of a lawsuit by lawyers.

"Money talks. All other must be quiet."  :(

wildun

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »
Ok... When I went thru this with LC I started it... but I had everyone onboard. N I didn't quit. Does everyone quit now? Takes all to win. We can do it, but it's a team effort. Not seeing the interest. Can't never could.

If the broadcasters quit, how can we expect the listeners to not follow suit?

Yes some of us got $$$ strapped, some got old and sick (like me) but... it's more than that. We sent the music to folks, the music we loved and wanted to share. We are right! No greed in it,  and if we quit we submitted to the folks that think they run our lives. I say NO! I want to be able to listen without all the commercials. I want to hear the kind of music I like... not what they are throwing at me.

Now I'm aggravated! Can't do much alone, but united we can all do something. I'll need help.

Bottom line.. I aint takin it!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:53:26 AM by wildun »

1290 GLI

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2016, 12:22:16 PM »
I agree 110% Wildun. Now is not the time to quit. If you really care you wont give up.

Jerry   1290 GLI

greenyellowdawn

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »
As some of you guys know, I've got the savenetradio.info campaign up and going, and would like to thank 1290 GLI and BullsEye Radio for getting behind it.  But spreading the word on the spacial forums and contacting RAIN News and Live365 has resulted in nothing.  Maybe many are still not aware of what's going on from being on holidays.

In an effort to hopefully give this campaign some more legs, I've contact Qorvis who seem to have been behind the original campaign, to find out who was behind the original campaign back in 2007.

http://qorvis.com/work/savenetradio

I've got a quote for getting a radio campaign going, but can't afford it on my own.  I placed the scripts together with the quote info up on this particular spacial thread (for being transparent), and reluctantly asked for some donation toward the costs.  I reiterated that if somebody else can do it at a cheaper rate or pro-bono for the microcaster community, that it would be much appreciated, but as yet still no takers.   

http://support.spacialaudio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52465&sid=eb19ec173f0148f21f87c1682ead5bee

I'm sort of running out of ideas, and at the same time wanting to leave this open for others to contribute.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be the wider mass interest from the community, except for the few of us dedicated folk.  Again, thumbs up to John Michaels whose petition seems to be crackling along at a nice pace.  If this campaign got more exposure then the signatures on the petition would increase exponentially. 

Celebrating the complete history of pop
From the 50s 60s 70s 80s and 90s.
http://www.2prfm.com

wildun

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2016, 10:10:34 PM »
I said it and I mean it! ALL of us,  not just one. Want to keep it ... Now is the time. Speak up.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:12:42 PM by wildun »

wildun

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2016, 07:58:34 AM »
 I need John, I need Dave Solomon, I need everyone again! I didn't realize that the smallest casters were left out. If we don't make ourselves heard nothing will happen except we are silenced.

1290 GLI

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2016, 01:04:27 PM »
Dave Solomons stuff was GREAT!!

Jerry   1290 GLI

greenyellowdawn

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2016, 07:51:45 PM »
Would this be the same guy?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ontheair
Celebrating the complete history of pop
From the 50s 60s 70s 80s and 90s.
http://www.2prfm.com

solidrockradio

• View Profile
    • Solid Rock Radio
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2016, 01:03:17 PM »
Hi Donna, Trip, Bob! It's been awhile, I am back in now and ready to fight!

Lee
Solid Rock Radio
Building Your House On The Solid Rock Of Jesus Christ!
www.solidrockradio.org

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2016, 05:30:30 PM »

Lee
Solid Rock Radio

Hey Lee. I changed my name on here from Trip to Dusty Dawn.  ;D
New DJ name.

Glad to see ya back, now lets all get busy with the fight.

solidrockradio

• View Profile
    • Solid Rock Radio
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2016, 08:00:04 PM »
Hey Trip! Good to see familiar faces!
Building Your House On The Solid Rock Of Jesus Christ!
www.solidrockradio.org

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 11:27:26 AM »
Hey Trip! Good to see familiar faces!

Yeah it gets kinda lonely these days. Everyone has moved on, or doesn't bother to come in here. Us oldies need to stick together.

AltaredLives

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 05:59:26 PM »

Lee
Solid Rock Radio

Hi, Lee! Good to see you're still hanging in there. I can't say that I'm in the fight this time, but I'm certainly in the fighters' corner.  ;)

AltaredLives

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 06:01:38 PM »

Hey Lee. I changed my name on here from Trip to Dusty Dawn.  ;D
New DJ name.

Glad I saw this, too, "Dusty Dawn"!  ;D

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2016, 07:54:07 AM »
Well I believe all the fight is out of me. Think I'm just gonna call it quits. If something changes down the road, I'll consider returning. But for now, with the small listenership, and the high prices, I just can't see continuing.
I'll still frequent the forum occasionally. Joining  you now Donna.  :(