Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Identify Old CCM Song?  (Read 2391 times)

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
Identify Old CCM Song?
« on: May 31, 2015, 04:29:50 PM »
Hi, my friends. It's been awhile since I posted.

But I've written a book and am quoting the refrain of an old CCM song that was released in the 80's. I neither know the artist nor the true song title, but I can email the song to you as an mp3 if you think you can help. (My version was originally on a cassette tape so the sound quality leaves much to be desired.)

If you've been around the CCM scene since at least the mid-80's, I was wondering if you'd be willing to try to ID the song for me? Artist and song title or songwriter would be great! I think it's called "Healer" but I'm just guessing.

I've asked around on a few other sites and no one has been able to ID it from the lyrics alone. Please send me a message via this forum with your email addie if you think you can help, and I'll send the mp3 to you. I appreciate any help! Thanks.

AltaredLives

• View Profile
Re: Identify Old CCM Song?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 07:48:12 PM »
A friend of a friend identified it for me.  ;D

FSRadio

• Music For The Journey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 06:37:49 PM »
May I ask what you found out?  Curious to know as I haven't been at a CCM format since the late '80s.  I did get a chance to edit and produce a 3 hr documentary for CCM Magazine in '88 covering the first ten years of the genre, so there's a good chance it's on there.
-steve

Max Boogie

• Global Moderator
  • "...plan for the worst, hope for the best!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 11:11:48 AM »
There is a great app called soundhound or my personal favorite (and the one I endorse) is Shazam all you have to do is hit the button while a song is playing and it give name and title if you hit the info button you get year released.  I know you found the answer to your question all ready but try Shazam the next time you have to identify a track.

Good Luck
Max B.

TheDrunkenScoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 01:52:17 AM »
Yes, I am ALL over Shazam.
As a matter of policy I buy all of my music and Shazam is a great tool.
I especially like the fact that I can bypass some of the major online sellers and buy direct from the band.
I currently have about 200 songs titles/artists saved which I want to ad to my station. It is very good for using while driving. I have it on the homepage of my phone and all I have to do is hit the button-no taking my eyes off the road.

AltaredLives

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 06:51:05 PM »
There is a great app called soundhound or my personal favorite (and the one I endorse) is Shazam all you have to do is hit the button while a song is playing and it give name and title if you hit the info button you get year released.  I know you found the answer to your question all ready but try Shazam the next time you have to identify a track.

Good Luck
Max B.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

AltaredLives

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 06:55:26 PM »
May I ask what you found out?  Curious to know as I haven't been at a CCM format since the late '80s.  I did get a chance to edit and produce a 3 hr documentary for CCM Magazine in '88 covering the first ten years of the genre, so there's a good chance it's on there.
-steve

The song is "Healer," by Michael James Murphy.  :) Isn't it awesome? I love the plea in his voice, and the lyrics are so powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGoq1LYa2lg