Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Script Writing: Some ideas for PSA's  (Read 6345 times)

greenyellowdawn

• View Profile
Script Writing: Some ideas for PSA's
« on: January 05, 2016, 04:43:22 PM »
I've come up with a first draught of a radio scrip for a PSA in regards to a campaign for bringing back the microcaster provisions in the Copyright Royalty Board's ruling. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

(Announcement starts with underlying static)

Your internet station is being pushed off the air right now, from exorbitant royalty payments.

(sound of radio station going off air)

The Copyright Royalty Board has made a new ruling, excluding micro casters, just like the one your listening to right now.

Many stations are now paying multiples of their original costs in copyright fees, thanks to the inequitable and unethical ruling of the Copyright Royalty Board.

Artists and musicians will also loose out, by not having their material exposed in niche markets.   

Save the future of internet radio today, and visit Save Net Radio dot Info.  Sign the petition, and send a loud message to the Copyright Royalty Board.  Remember,  Save Net Radio dot info. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Celebrating the complete history of pop
From the 50s 60s 70s 80s and 90s.
http://www.2prfm.com

wildun

Re: Script Writing: Some ideas for PSA's
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 07:12:12 AM »
 You want feedback... Not aggressive enough. Micro-casters are a minority. You have to get attention. There are some that may remember everything we did to get the attention of government before.

Don't think for a minute this is not all happening during an election year on purpose, was planned that way. The only way to do this is to bring it to the media forefront. That means making noise however you can and a lot of it, otherwise it's never gonna be heard!

Go here and listen http://radioprofile.com/savenetradio/ It's how we made noise and ALL stations did it cuz we united.

I reiterate, it will take everyone on the same page and participating, but it can be done.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:06:03 AM by wildun »

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 08:44:00 AM »
You want feedback... Not aggressive enough. Micro-casters are a minority. You have to get attention. There are some that may remember everything we did to get the attention of government before.

Don't think for a minute this is not all happening during an election year on purpose, was planned that way. The only way to do this is to bring it to the media forefront. That means making noise however you can and a lot of it, otherwise it's never gonna be heard!

Go here and listen http://radioprofile.com/savenetradio/ It's how we made noise and ALL stations did it cuz we united.

I reiterate, it will take everyone on the same page and participating, but it can be done.

Exactly wildun. Participation is the key word. Don't think we'll get that this time around.
I haven't even seen any new PSA's out to use.

wildun

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 11:48:37 AM »
Yep Trip. I haven't even seen any reply's here till today? What no fight left people? We never even tapped into all the things I had set up, now I know why, someone left out the we till now. We shoulda NOT partenered with the bigger guys. I get it. Just business. A few years and F__ Us.

I don't even have a station anymore, but I can dispute most of the erroneous facts out there with truth. Always works.

I make noise, that's why I was able to get attention to it before, I won't be ignored. This is my last reach out to the small broadcaster community. I'm old, not stupid. I don't have a dog in this fight cept my own enjoyment of music.

For artists, you only doin it for money... shame on you! I write and record songs a lot, because I like to tell a story, a true one. I feel what I write and like others to feel it. I'm not an entertainer per say, more like sharing my life. My parents did it, they could make people cry with their music. I aspire to that, not the greed or the money.

Maybe we should re-evaluate the definition of an artist? They typically live and die and are remembered years later after their death.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:54:53 AM by wildun »

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 02:47:41 PM »
wildun,
Your talking to an empty house here. Heck hardly anyone comes in this forum. They are all too busy on FB and twitter. It's hard to reach anyone in a real forum anymore.

All my stations are gone now except one, and some public domain ones, but I still want to do something to get my other stations back.

Waiting for someone to dish out the PSA's.

greenyellowdawn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 07:43:04 PM »
Guys, I hear your pain, and like you feel very much that I'm playing to an empty stadium.  Thanks for that Dave Solomon announcement list, I've been looking for that particular page over the last month, but google obviously has listed that page very low. 

The URL that the PSAs refers to leads to a contractor’s consultancy page (I sniff a domain squatter here), checking godaddy shows http://www.savenetradio.org as "Sorry, savenetradio.org isn’t available."

My interactions on this issue have been met with only a trickle of responses, and I'm sensing that anyone who can help us only wants $$$, and is not in for the spirit of the fight.

I'm currently liaising with Qorvis who were behind the original campaign, and seeing if they are able to at lease raise some funds for a fresh batch of PSAs.

I've made up some new scripts with my friend, who has some more experience, and this is what we've come up with.  Abes Audio, the agency I use down in Melbourne have quoted AU$285.00 for all three scripts. (AU$95.00 per script). 

I've got a feeling that these scripts are still not punchy enough so may have to refer them to the Dave Solomon PSAs from above.  Does anyone know if Dave Solomon is still willing to make new PSAs?  Digital Audio Tracks seems to be defunct now.

SCRIPT ONE
----------------------------------------------------------------

(back ground sound of static and interference)

There has been a new ruling from the Copyright Royalty Board, and the internet radio station you’re now tuned to is at high risk of going silent.

(sound of station going off the air)

The fees that microcasters pay out for copyright coverage have multiplied beyond a reasonable, affordable, and fair price.

Save the music and the station you love, visit Save Net Radio dot Info today. Know what your microcaster is up against and sign the petition.

(sound of two hard bangs or kicks with reverbe)

Remember it's the life blood of your favourite station at risk, Save Net Radio dot Info.

-------------------------END OF SCRIPT------------------

SCRIPT TWO

-------------------------------------------------------------

(sound of money pouring out)

Imagine a small internet station, usually operated by a dedicated volunteer with no advertising. These are called microcasters.

They do this to provide material of a niche interest, or music of a particular genre. Some stations talk about special topics, the kind of stuff not heard on main stream media.

(sound of money pouring fades away)

This ecco system of independent media that contributes culturally and dynamically to today’s digital media is being killed off; and this content will be gone for ever!.

Do you want to keep an independent and vibrant internet radio scene? Go to Save Net Radio dot info, read what is really going on, and sign the petition.

(sound of last penny falling)

Before it's all gone. Save Net Radio dot Info.

----------------------END OF SCRIPT-------------------

SCRIPT THREE

--------------------------------------------------------------

(sound of guitar doing a slide - like car revving up)

The music industry often makes out that internet radio is not paying enough royalties. However, they often forget that the internet radio scene does everything possible to support all new and up and coming artists.

(sound of guitar banging and falling silent)

Because without exposure, none of the artists would get a break, and not everyone gets their music played on mainstream radio.

The new Copyright Royalty Board's ruling on copyright coverage is extremely damaging. Many microcasters can’t afford the new fees and are falling silent as we speak.

(sound of slamming door)

This is ultimately closing the door on any chance a new artist will have in getting their music heard.

Check out the real harm this CRB ruling is doing at Save Net Radio dot info, and please sign the petition.

--------------------------END OF SCRIPT----------------------

greenyellowdawn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 08:23:13 PM »
Okay, I've tracked down Dave's contact info, and have put in a kind request for getting some fresh PSAs made.

Hopefully this should result in something

I'll be in touch with any further developments.

greenyellowdawn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 03:57:19 AM »
Okay, Dave has got in contact and is going to charge a fee.  Hmm, just trying to put the pieces together here.  Does anyone know if he charged for the 2007 campaign?

I've explained to him that I've got no problem paying, but would rather pay from a collective of stations.  I just don't want to get them produced, and only two or three stations play them.

I'm trying to work out if the original 2007 campaign first raised a pool of funds, then out of that pool expenses were paid for the production of PSAs, advertising in papers and other websites, and so forth.

I guess I'm asking who coordinated the last campaign.  I'm a little weary of just asking people to do things pro bono, as it may not go down well.

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 04:47:59 PM »
Okay, Dave has got in contact and is going to charge a fee.  Hmm, just trying to put the pieces together here.  Does anyone know if he charged for the 2007 campaign?

I've explained to him that I've got no problem paying, but would rather pay from a collective of stations.  I just don't want to get them produced, and only two or three stations play them.

I'm trying to work out if the original 2007 campaign first raised a pool of funds, then out of that pool expenses were paid for the production of PSAs, advertising in papers and other websites, and so forth.

I guess I'm asking who coordinated the last campaign.  I'm a little weary of just asking people to do things pro bono, as it may not go down well.

There was no pool of funds from stations last time, to my knowledge. I thought the PSA's were produced by volunteers. I guess I was mistaken if others paid for them.

I listened to the ones @ the link but don't recall using any of those.

Some webcasters have great radio voices and do voiceovers & such -- has anyone asked around? I used to record drops for my station when I was webcasting, but I'm a female voice, of course. (And I have yet to find my mixer board since I moved to Virginia.)

But Paul (wildun) spearheaded the last campaign for those of us who were on Loudcity.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 04:59:07 PM by AltaredLives »

greenyellowdawn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 08:04:43 PM »
Okay, thanks.  I may just wait a few weeks and see how things develop, because I'm not getting much traction with this campaign, and though I can pay for the announcements, I hardly have the funds for a full press campaign - this is something that has to come from the community as a whole.   

I hope this can be appreciated, as I'm willing to do some volunteer stuff on whatever I can do, but when it involves expenses and so forth, then I would at least like some committment from the community - this will have to be a team effort. 

I'll leave Dave with what I've sent him, hopefully he may reconsider.

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 03:02:01 PM »
Donna is correct.
Volunteer broadcasters made most of the PSA's. I believe the savenetorg is the ones who had the other ones.

greenyellowdawn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »
the savenetradio.org domain as far as I can make out is being held by a domain squatter.  I wrote to the company on the whois database many years ago, but no response. 

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 04:19:41 PM »
the savenetradio.org domain as far as I can make out is being held by a domain squatter.  I wrote to the company on the whois database many years ago, but no response.

I've had that happen to me before with some of my urls. You have to find out who has the domain, example Godaddy, name secure. When someone gets rid of it, they hang on to it for their own company and when someone comes a long to try and buy it, they have control.
You need to find out where it's sitting at.

greenyellowdawn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 06:19:12 PM »

I've had that happen to me before with some of my urls. You have to find out who has the domain, example Godaddy, name secure. When someone gets rid of it, they hang on to it for their own company and when someone comes a long to try and buy it, they have control.
You need to find out where it's sitting at.

I've measured up the pros and cons regarding tracking down the owner of that domain, or just buying a new one (which I have, and getting fresh announcements made.  Even if I have to pay for getting new announcements; a:) it's a high probability that it be cheaper then buying the .org domain and b:) many of the .org announcements are out of date . 

GabbyGary

• Semi-Retired
    • View Profile
    • GreatGold.fm Classic Rock and Pop Oldies
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 06:43:56 PM »
These are not scripts, but, anybody is welcome to put together PSAs or Station Promos from the information in the articles that come up with the below links.

I posted articles about the issue at two of the websites I maintain today and updated an article in a third website. Each of the articles have links at the bottom for further information from several sources, including the one for Radio Diversity.

Anyone is welcome to link to these articles at:
http://mcstreamy.com/wp/one/small-internet-radio-stations-may-be-in-tough-trouble/
http://wisconsinreport.com/newsone/to-continue-music-internet-radio-stations-need-a-break/
http://garytalk.com/words/internet-radio-stations-may-start-dropping-like-flies/
GREATGOLD.FM Internet Radio
Streaming Classic Hits From The Heart Of The USA Since 2008.
Rock, Pop, Blues & Soul Mix - 1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s & 2000s
http://Facebook.com/GreatGoldHits
http://Twitter.com/GreatGoldHits
http://Garytalk.com