Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: SOCAN (Canada)  (Read 5369 times)

wsimkins

• Staff Member
  • Administrator
  • Streaming Pioneer
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
Re: SOCAN (Canada)
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 05:17:34 AM »
Hey Guys,

Holly from SOCAN registered for the forums and I'm approving her so she can answer questions and help.
Wes Simkins
Chief Operating Officer
StreamLicensing Networks LLC

info@lawrencehits.com

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 08:00:09 AM »
Since StreamLicensing has made us switch to using only their branded nobex app as well as using only their webplayer.  They need to geoblock their app and their webplayer from Canada.  I don't know about anyone else, but my listener focus is not Canadian.  And we do not have the extra funds to pay another royality company.

mrbill

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 09:27:47 AM »
Since StreamLicensing has made us switch to using only their branded nobex app as well as using only their webplayer.  They need to geoblock their app and their webplayer from Canada.  I don't know about anyone else, but my listener focus is not Canadian.  And we do not have the extra funds to pay another royality company.
I want listeners from wherever I can get them.

info@lawrencehits.com

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 10:35:30 AM »
even if that means paying more and to another company?  which probably included sending reports.

mrbill

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2016, 10:57:35 AM »
Depends on how much it costs and how much work is involved. I wouldn't do it for just any country, but Canada is a close neighbor and has my second largest listening audience.

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 03:49:13 PM »
I have maybe one listener or two from Canada, not my focus. Not paying for something that is not woth the money for just a couple people. If I have to, I will just ban them.

TheDrunkenScoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 01:56:45 AM »
I have maybe one listener or two from Canada, not my focus. Not paying for something that is not worth the money for just a couple people. If I have to, I will just ban them.
Think about putting out a message to that effect? You never know when you are going to pick up the perfect listener who helps you grow or turns you on to something great. It'll at least show them you care and maybe keep you on their radar for the future.