Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: IJS  (Read 5733 times)

mrbill

• View Profile
Re: IJS
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 10:25:51 AM »
I would not expect as much activity here as compared to say Live365, where I used to be, because SL is a licensing site only.  A lot of the discussions on Live365 were how to's on using the various streaming services and tools that they had.  That doesn't really apply here, though I could see it possibly branching out that direction.  If someone posted a question regarding SAM Broadcaster (which I use), I would certainly try to help them.

I'm just starting to keep an eye on the forum here myself on a regular basis.  Change is difficult, and it takes time to adjust.

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 10:24:47 AM »
Most of us came from Loudcity, and our forum there was always active. Well until Brandon shut down and we all came here. We talked a bit in the begining, but then it just kind of died down. With FB and all, forums don't get much activity.
Plus a lot of us from Loudcity, just aren't around anymore.

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 11:55:50 AM »
IJS? Really?

Be careful what you wish for :)

Its good to see you both got your flags in the sand still.....

I've been dealing with the nightmare of terrestrial since the issues with CRB. 

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jun/14/thieves-knock-radio-station-off-the-air/&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiP8-e04bDNAhUT12MKHV7yA0AQFgghMAI&sig2=ZUVBImofCLaef9UPDjP0Sg&usg=AFQjCNHVTHrnDaN3b97HW5Lr9vFOq9I_Gg

They mentioned my full name in the paper though, and that was kinda cool.  I head up to complete transmitter repairs (40 mile drive 1 way to the remote site, and it sucks to get there) tommorow.

Brutish,
Great to see you. Glad things are going good for ya. And Congrats on the name mention in the paper.
Trip  ;D

Max Boogie

• Global Moderator
  • "...plan for the worst, hope for the best!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 11:22:51 AM »
Sorry Guys I get in here a lot but I also work the SL help desk.  Last week we had very needy broadcasters and my time was spent fixing those streaming issues.  I do get by here a few time a day though.

Max Boogie
SL

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 07:04:32 PM »
Sorry Guys I get in here a lot but I also work the SL help desk.  Last week we had very needy broadcasters and my time was spent fixing those streaming issues.  I do get by here a few time a day though.

Max Boogie
SL

Thanks, Max Boogie. I was lamenting more about our Guests on the forum than SL moderators. We've discovered that many of them might not be human but bots.

Good to have you on the boards, though. Some of us "old" webcasters just miss the times we had before CARP blew everyone out of the water... on other webcaster networks.

I'm glad SL is continuing -- you guys have breathed new life into those who are still webcasting. Wish I could still be in the boat. Maybe one day...  ;)

Max Boogie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 11:02:53 PM »
Thanks!  Call me and I'll help you come up with a plan.

TheDrunkenScoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 03:03:14 AM »
The more interaction we have, the more we should attract.
See what I did there?
I interacted instead of just looking.
I have had a small but solid user-base for the last 3 years.
Can't even get anything more than a 'like' for a tweet.
No emails.
No requests.
Nada.

Max Boogie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2016, 08:30:02 AM »
Right good start but it's a keeping many plates spinning I. The air at the same time.  I can help you with the things that have worked for me.

Call me and I'll help you with this.

Max B.

ROTRArmy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 06:34:06 AM »
I have to "Binge Forum" ... I am not retired nor do I have an office job. I would love to be able to sit and chat back and forth with fellow broadcasters on a daily basis. But for me that is just not realistic. I barely know how to navigate the forums when I am looking for answers... it is actually my least favorite part of doing business on the internet or gaming.I understand the need for them though as there are no inexpensive real time solutions.. sifting through forums is like nails on a chalkboard. I can never find what I am looking for in a timely manner. So thanks for carrying the torch I guess is what I am saying... lol

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 09:19:52 PM »
 ;) Thanks, ROTRArmy. I remember when I started using forums -- some were easier to navigate than others.

Sometimes, if the forum is lively and friendly enough, all you have to do is post, "I've searched the forum for my answer, but I couldn't find it. I'm a newbie and if I've overlooked the answer, please forgive me. But..." and have at it.  :D

You might be pleasantly surprised how many people rush to your aid.

wsimkins

• Streaming Guru
  • Administrator
  • Streaming Pioneer
    • View Profile
    • ProStreaming
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2016, 01:09:40 PM »
I would love to see 100 active people on here at a time. We keep pushing it and pushing it.

I will start pushing it more in the newsletters and such.

Thanks for hanging out!
Wes