Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Player OptOut Info  (Read 1834 times)

wsimkins

• Staff Member
  • Administrator
  • Streaming Pioneer
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
Player OptOut Info
« on: June 22, 2016, 06:50:04 AM »
We understand some of you are refusing to use the new StreamLicensing Player because it sports banner ads in it to help with Per-Performance Fees now required by SoundExchange. Many have had questions on how to figure these additional fees so I wanted to post the formula here for all to see. These fees only apply if you aren't using our player.

Performances: These are calculated by the number of people listening to your stream, within the United States, when a song is played. If you have 20 people listening to your stream then each time a file is played you accumulate 20 performances. That column has actually been there for several months now.

In your Client Area under the Reporting tab you will now see a column that says "Performances". Those are your total performances or the month.

Take your total performances and multiply them by .0017 and then add $5.00 to the total. The $5.00 is our administrative fee for having to bill you separately.

Beginning in July we will be sending the player optout customers a invoice for per-performance fees and you will have to pay that invoice to keep your account active.

Please don't open a support ticket complaining about the invoice as you are the ones that elected not to use our player. We are only following your wishes.

Wes Simkins
Chief Operating Officer
StreamLicensing Networks LLC

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
Re: Player OptOut Info
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »
Thanks for "stickying" this post. I don't know how I missed it last month. I'm not webcasting presently so perhaps that's why it didn't stick with me (no pun intended).

But it's important information and worthy of a reminder since this is July, when the additional invoices were slated to start being issued.

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 03:46:07 PM »
Great info Wes. Yeah no way I'm not gonna use the player. It's just crazy to have to pay more just to use your own.
Thanks for posting this.

Max Boogie

• Global Moderator
  • "...plan for the worst, hope for the best!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 07:42:25 AM »
Great info Wes. Yeah no way I'm not gonna use the player. It's just crazy to have to pay more just to use your own.
Thanks for posting this.

Trip your NOT paying MORE you are paying your own per performance fees.  Fees REQUIRED by Soundexchange.  We added the ad supported players to help the broadcasters fulfill THEIR requirement for the per performance fees.  In a logical look at this you are electing to pay more by NOT using the tools we have given you to succeed in a cost effective way.  That is your option.  But it is you that is electing to pay more.

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 06:43:15 AM »

Trip your NOT paying MORE you are paying your own per performance fees.

Duh, I think that's what I meant. I was talking about not using and using the player, and that it would cost more if you didn't use it. I know what it in involves and what and who you have to pay if you don't. This isn't my first Rodeo.

wsimkins

• Staff Member
  • Administrator
  • Streaming Pioneer
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 10:07:12 AM »
Thanks for understanding Trip.
Wes Simkins
Chief Operating Officer
StreamLicensing Networks LLC

Max Boogie

• Global Moderator
  • "...plan for the worst, hope for the best!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 11:13:41 AM »

Duh...This isn't my first Rodeo.

Sorry, from 1996 to 2001, I was the Executive Producer for three very successful and popular nationally syndicated Radio Shows and the National music director for a radio network.  I programmed the Music on 280 radio stations in the US and 3 in Europe, and a VERY successful On-Air personality from 1982 to 2010 in Markets 1, 2, and 8...  The VERY successful producer in me edited your statement down to the must relevant to this discussion, I removed the extemporaneous part of your post, you may have buried your lead...

I get that your an old cowboy Trip, and I have no idea if at all those rodeos you ever lasted 8 seconds on your Bull...  I do know that I have MANY championship "buckles" hanging on MY wall... but I digress...