Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Anyone notice...  (Read 3439 times)

solidrockradio

• View Profile
    • Solid Rock Radio
Anyone notice...
« on: August 06, 2016, 06:48:29 AM »
Has anyone noticed that when you go to live365.com it now says under construction? It looks to be same people.. For the record never did like Live365..

Domain Name: LIVE365.COM
Registry Domain ID: 6531553_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Registrar URL: http://networksolutions.com
Updated Date: 2016-05-09T22:23:51Z
Creation Date: 1999-05-14T04:00:00Z

Building Your House On The Solid Rock Of Jesus Christ!
www.solidrockradio.org

mrbill

• View Profile
Re: Anyone notice...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 10:35:28 AM »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the "site is under construction" message is a generic message that comes up when you try to navigate to a site that doesn't exist.  It only indicates that the URL (domain name) is taken.  Whois indicates that the same company (Live365) still owns the domain name.

I had many good years at Live365 (I was there from 2001 until they folded in January).  I am very happy here at StreamLicensing (and iCastCenter) and hope that I can continue here for many years to come.

solidrockradio

• View Profile
    • Solid Rock Radio
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 05:32:15 AM »
According to archive.org  It said Site unavailable on May 5th then May 29th went to Under Construction.

I can see them trying to make a comeback given the circumstances. I would not go to to them should they come back.. been a proud Loudcity/Stream Licensing customer since 2006 :)
Building Your House On The Solid Rock Of Jesus Christ!
www.solidrockradio.org

wsimkins

• Staff Member
  • Administrator
  • Streaming Pioneer
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 01:03:41 PM »
Here's the official truth about the website. It was placed in a under construction status to keep the domain alive until the bankruptcy proceedings are complete. This way if the trustee sells the assets of Live365 whoever purchases them can take possession of the domain in a active status. The assets will be sold in a sealed bid auction. Live365 will never come back under the old management, this much I know.

Until the court announces who purchased the assets we will never know the real deal.

We are watching very closely, believe me. LOL
Wes Simkins
Chief Operating Officer
StreamLicensing Networks LLC

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 12:45:59 PM »
Thanks for the update. For the record, I want to say that L365 gave me my 1st opportunity to webcast and were it not for them and the awesome webcasters there, like "Tony" (can only remember one of his stations, "Gospel Twang"), I would never have been w/ LC or SL. So I owe them a great deal and appreciate what they did for wannabes before SE came along and held webcasters hostage. I was among the 1st webcasters on L365 before they started charging for licensing fees. So I webcasted for free on L365 for awhile.

And then they started charging $5 a month, and some webcasters complained about that! (To me, if your dream is not worth $5/month, you need to find another dream that's worth something to you. Or simply become a hermit or something and leave living to the rest of us who have a passion for doing someting worthwhile that we place value upon.)

Yes, I believe copyright holders should be compensated for the use of their music. Don't get it twisted. However, webcasters (especially microcasters and small webcasters) got a raw deal and still do.

It's akin to obtaining marketing postcards from a business, and when you start handing them out for them, they say, "Now, you have to pay us $50 for every 100 cards you hand out. And the more cards you hand out, the more you pay per card." And you say, "But I'm incurring expenses for handing these out for you and I'm not receiving any part of the business I stir up for you!" But it falls on deaf ears.

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 09:48:32 AM »
I been keeping track on L365 since they shut down, and when they took the site down, the page then became a site under contstruction. I think they are just keeping it as a place holder and retaining their domain name just in case.
I had my stations there also besides LC and SL. But since they kept thousands of dollars of mine and never paid me, I would never return to them if they came back.
I enjoyed my 15 years there, and they were a great asset to Internet Radio.

TheDrunkenScoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 01:36:39 PM »
Nope. They are coming back. Check the website. No definite answers. But they are returning. 

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 01:47:12 PM »
Nope. They are coming back. Check the website. No definite answers. But they are returning.

Hmmmm... interesting development.

wsimkins

• Staff Member
  • Administrator
  • Streaming Pioneer
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 06:45:20 AM »
Their assets were purchased in the bankruptcy by another company. Contrary to popular beliefs I have seen in other forums, Stardome/StreamLicensing has nothing to do with the purchase even though we are already being blamed. LOL.
Wes Simkins
Chief Operating Officer
StreamLicensing Networks LLC

icastcenter

• StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
    • View Profile
    • iCastCenter.com
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 06:26:59 PM »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the "site is under construction" message is a generic message that comes up when you try to navigate to a site that doesn't exist.  It only indicates that the URL (domain name) is taken.  Whois indicates that the same company (Live365) still owns the domain name.

I had many good years at Live365 (I was there from 2001 until they folded in January).  I am very happy here at StreamLicensing (and iCastCenter) and hope that I can continue here for many years to come.

Thanks.. glad to have you on board with us!
Brandon Wade
Owner, iCastCenter.com - StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
http://www.icastcenter.com

TheDrunkenScoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 01:52:52 AM »
I think this is an indication of investors jumping ship before seeing what was to come.
IMHO, there are a lot of people who didn't realize what they were going to miss until it was gone.
Pandora, Spotify, et.al. don't cut it for a lot of people who really love music.
Robots have no soul and can't do a very good job of picking music...plus there is a growing body of evidence which shows they may be making music less-interesting for many people.
There is nothing like a DJ picking a diamond from the rough and surprising you with something you might never have heard.
I think there is another revolution coming in music...we are ling overdue and it takes real people producing real content for music-lovers to do it.

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 05:55:46 AM »
Just visited the site again, this is a recent change, since I was just there last week.
Agree with Scroundrel though, they jumped ship before they knew what was going to happen for sure.
I'm sure when they come back though, it will not be anything like it use to be.

Am glad to see them coming back, but prefer SL.

mrbill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 01:09:52 PM »
Article in RAIN about Live365 returning:

http://rainnews.com/live365-set-to-return-big-news-for-small-webcasters/

It will be interesting to see what happens.  As for me, I'm not going anywhere.  I'm very happy here.

TheDrunkenScoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 01:20:00 AM »
I always found their broadcaster packages too confining but they had loads of great content.

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 07:34:02 AM »
I always found their broadcaster packages too confining but they had loads of great content.

Thing is they were too cheap with their bandwidth. Bandwidth is dirt cheap nowadays, and they just wouldn't get with the time and give us more.
It became to much work to always be changing playlists and songs on a daily basis with the little bit they gave. It would have been so much easier if they had given more, so there wasn't so much deleting and uploading having to go on.