Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Licensing not paid?  (Read 17262 times)

BiglooRadio

• View Profile
    • Classic Rock 109
Licensing not paid?
« on: July 06, 2017, 06:09:40 AM »
I got this in the mail from mdemagistris@ascap.com and wondered of this was real.... anyone else get this?

"Thank you for valuing the music you use on your service by obtaining an ASCAP license via Streamlicensing.com. We’re writing with some important updates.

Regrettably, Streamlicensing.com has not complied with the terms of its ASCAP license agreement. As a result, its license has been terminated (effective June 30, 2017) and, therefore, it can no longer provide you with the right to perform ASCAP music on your service after July 1, 2017. In the absence of a license, performances of music in the ASCAP repertory are unauthorized.

Thankfully, ASCAP has an easy-to-use, economical license agreement for service operators such as yourself via its new, on-line licensing portal. Moreover, ASCAP is offering all Streamlicensing customers who obtain an ASCAP license directly from our portal a one-time, courtesy discount of $50 in recognition of Streamlicensing’s failure to maintain the license coverage that it sold to you.

To obtain your discounted ASCAP license agreement, simply go to licensing.ascap.com from any PC, tablet or smartphone and within a few clicks you can finalize your new ASCAP license. Please note that you will need to pay with a major credit card to obtain the new agreement.

While Streamlicensing’s ASCAP license will terminate on June 30, 2017, ASCAP is affording all Streamlicensing customers a grace period through July 31, 2017 to obtain an ASCAP license directly.     

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (212) 621-5698 or mdemagistris@ascap.com.

Thank you!

ASCAP New Media Licensing Team"
Lou
Classic Rock 109, Real Music. Real Classic Rock!
Powered by StationPlaylist & digiSTREAM SHOUTcast Hosting

pvradio

• View Profile
    • Permanent Vacation Radio
Re: Licensing not paid?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 06:26:42 AM »
I just received the same email.

What's going on, Streamlicensing?

BigFrank

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 06:32:15 AM »
I clicked on the payment link to see what would happen. "Site can't be reached." I sent a test email to the address in the mail. So far, no bounce.

Very strange.

Additionally, I received this notification for only one of my two stations, so I'm quite leery that this is real.

Cheers,

Frank

BigFrank

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 06:34:32 AM »
Just received this response from the email:

"Hi:

If you are inquiring about Streamlicensing, be note that the system is currently is down. We are currently working to resolve the issue and should be resending a link shortly.

Thanks"

Not good news.

Frank

BiglooRadio

• View Profile
    • Classic Rock 109
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 06:35:50 AM »
I did same, Frank, but then I just typed in manually the link address listed (seems the link goes to a page not found on the ascap site) and i was presented with a form.

I just paid the monthly fee a couple of days ago so... I submitted a ticket with StreamLicensing... hoping its just an oversight etc...

ASCAP said my fee would be $200 from 7/1/17 to 6/30/18. But my concern is if this is true, then what about SESAC, BMI and SoundExchange.... I'd hate to consider having to close the station :(
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:52:58 AM by BiglooRadio »
Lou
Powered by StationPlaylist & digiSTREAM SHOUTcast Hosting

#i99MusicRadio

• View Profile
    • http://i99Radio.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 06:47:52 AM »
I got this too & now I'm a little worried. Will keep an eye on this thread for a little bit.
#i99MusicRadio
The Alternative Music You Request!

BigFrank

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 07:15:54 AM »
I did same, Frank, but then I just typed in manually the link address listed (seems the link goes to a page not found on the ascap site) and i was presented with a form.

I just paid the monthly fee a couple of days ago so... I submitted a ticket with StreamLicensing... hoping its just an oversight etc...

ASCAP said my fee would be $200 from 7/1/17 to 6/30/18. But my concern is if this is true, then what about SESAC, BMI and SoundExchange.... I'd hate to consider having to close the station :(

Yes, there are always situations that force one to consider whether or not one would have to shut down their station. That said, I'm one of those people that would never consider closing their station, even if this $200 was added to my current charges at SL, with no reduction in price by them, even though that would be hard to justify by them.

Usually, there is a back-story to this type of issue and I would wait for official word from the folks at SL, before getting very worried. In my experience they have always been above board and trust me, for all the grief and confusion I have brought them over the years, my monthly charges don't begin to compensate them.   :D

I wouldn't consider shutting down over an extra $17 a month, but that's something that everyone will have to evaluate for themselves. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, chase women, golf or fish. I love having my own station and honestly, so if I had to pay another $100 a month to keep it, I'd have to debate whether or not the dog would eat. (Just kidding).

Hopefully, these guys will get everything sorted and life will get back to normal. Keep your angst at a minimum until something is official from SL.

Cheers,

Frank

mrbill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 07:55:54 AM »
I received the same email as the rest of you.  It appears on the surface to be a legitimate email.  Hopefully, we'll get a response from someone at StreamLicensing soon.

toastradio

• View Profile
    • Toast Radio
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 08:46:46 AM »
Time to update the “How do I know that StreamLicensing™ LLC is legitimate?” line on the FAQ.   ;)

transistoroldies

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 09:47:52 AM »
I got one too.  No response from StreamLicensing yet.  :(

solidrockradio

• View Profile
    • Solid Rock Radio
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 10:14:57 AM »
It is legit, I called the number. They are sending new links oit soon, there was issues with it.

No response from SL yet. Live365 is too expensive plus I don't think you can use your own automation system with iit.

Building Your House On The Solid Rock Of Jesus Christ!
www.solidrockradio.org

BigFrank

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 10:35:55 AM »
I came here from live365.com. Not looking to repeat that as there were always issues, generally when there was no one at support.

I have no problem paying ASCAP directly, as long as SL doesn't go away.

Frank

BiglooRadio

• View Profile
    • Classic Rock 109
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 10:43:53 AM »
Frank, I too am willing if need be, but my concern grows over the other entities: BMI, SESAC, SoundExchange, Would we also then have to worry about SOCAN? Add them all up and it can get quite costly.

I was hoping that SL would have replied to my ticket by now, since I listed it as urgent.  I tried calling but the recording said no one was available to take my call. All in all this doesn't look good on the surface. 

Additionally, is it me or has anyone else NOT received the notice about the window of time to submit their revenue and expense? I did not get the notice, but I also haven't submitted the info because my ATH was way off on the high end... something they said they were fixing (this was Monday)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:05:16 AM by BiglooRadio »
Lou