Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Licensing not paid?  (Read 16867 times)

pvradio

• View Profile
    • Permanent Vacation Radio
Re: Licensing not paid?
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2017, 09:04:59 AM »
Just received from ASCAP:

It has come to ASCAP's attention that StreamLicensing is now claiming that it has obtained a license for WKTF-AM radio and that, therefore, the StreamLicensing Service is somehow licensed by ASCAP as a result of that license. StreamLicensing's claims are inaccurate in two very important respects, as outlined below. To be clear, the StreamLicensing Service is unlicensed by ASCAP and, as a result, any unauthorized public performance of ASCAP's music via the service constitutes copyright infringement, and may subject Broadcast Affiliates to liability under federal copyright law.

With respect to StreamLicensing's most recent claims: First and foremost, ASCAP's current form of radio station license agreement simply does not grant the owners and operators of commercial radio stations the right to enable performances via Internet webcast by otherwise unaffiliated webcasters. In others word, a license for the operation of WKTF-AM - or any other radio station for that matter - would not grant the operator of that station the permission to operate a service like StreamLicensing. Second, according to ASCAP's records, as of today's date, WKTF-AM is not licensed by ASCAP. Of course, as noted above, even if WKTF-AM was licensed by ASCAP, that simply would have no bearing on the status of the StreamLicensing Service, which remains unlicensed.

We regret that the owners and operators of StreamLicensing have continued to cause confusion for the StreamLicensing Broadcast Affiliates by repeatedly misrepresenting that the servicce remains licensed by ASCAP. In that regard, ASCAP would like to remind Broadcast Affiliates that they can obtain an ASCAP license directly from ASCAP as follows: https://licensing.ascap.com/?type=digital.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (212) 621-5698 or mdemagistris@ascap.com.

Thank you!

ASCAP New Media Licensing Team

BigFrank

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2017, 09:19:02 AM »
OK. WTF is going on with this? Now I'm starting to get pissed and I consider myself an SL 'true believer.' Communication is the name of the game. After all, aren't we all in the freakin' 'communication' business???

Big Frank

BiglooRadio

• View Profile
    • Classic Rock 109
« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2017, 10:09:37 AM »
I'm at a loss for words.....
Lou
Classic Rock 109, Real Music. Real Classic Rock!
Powered by StationPlaylist & digiSTREAM SHOUTcast Hosting

mrbill

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2017, 10:55:05 AM »
I have a feeling this one may be headed toward the courts.

metalrockradio

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 16, 2017, 02:45:48 AM »
Just received from ASCAP:

It has come to ASCAP's attention that StreamLicensing is now claiming that it has obtained a license for WKTF-AM radio and that, therefore, the StreamLicensing Service is somehow licensed by ASCAP as a result of that license. StreamLicensing's claims are inaccurate in two very important respects, as outlined below. To be clear, the StreamLicensing Service is unlicensed by ASCAP and, as a result, any unauthorized public performance of ASCAP's music via the service constitutes copyright infringement, and may subject Broadcast Affiliates to liability under federal copyright law.

With respect to StreamLicensing's most recent claims: First and foremost, ASCAP's current form of radio station license agreement simply does not grant the owners and operators of commercial radio stations the right to enable performances via Internet webcast by otherwise unaffiliated webcasters. In others word, a license for the operation of WKTF-AM - or any other radio station for that matter - would not grant the operator of that station the permission to operate a service like StreamLicensing. Second, according to ASCAP's records, as of today's date, WKTF-AM is not licensed by ASCAP. Of course, as noted above, even if WKTF-AM was licensed by ASCAP, that simply would have no bearing on the status of the StreamLicensing Service, which remains unlicensed.

We regret that the owners and operators of StreamLicensing have continued to cause confusion for the StreamLicensing Broadcast Affiliates by repeatedly misrepresenting that the servicce remains licensed by ASCAP. In that regard, ASCAP would like to remind Broadcast Affiliates that they can obtain an ASCAP license directly from ASCAP as follows: https://licensing.ascap.com/?type=digital.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (212) 621-5698 or mdemagistris@ascap.com.

Thank you!

ASCAP New Media Licensing Team

I've received this same email from ASCAP on 8/15/2017

I'm continue to paid for a short time but I'm may stop streams and hide stations links until I get an answer that we are covered BY ASCAP.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 02:51:28 AM by metalrockradio »

transistoroldies

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 16, 2017, 01:23:40 PM »
We were promised an email from SL this week.  I hope that is still the case.  I for one would certainly like to hear their opinion of the latest ASCAP email.

TheDrunkenScoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2017, 02:28:32 AM »
I have been doing some research.
I was was surprised by something, I had no idea how well Pandora and SiriusXM were actually doing.
Yes, this may be headed to the courts, but now I realize why ASCAP is so desperate to scare us: The money behind these battles actually makes them look like small fry-which is probably why they are talking merging with BMI.
I'm sticking with SL.
It might be rocky for a bit, but (IMHO only) what I see ASCAP as is a company which may, despite it's small size, be one guilty of anti-trust regulations (among other things).
Always assume a bully is weak and insecure.
I fully get why some of you are anxious and upset, so don't think I am criticizing you, but I personally feel this is worth sticking around for.
Even if you move to another platform or go dark? Keep your head in the game and be ready to jump back in when the time is right.
I think our days of being shoved-around may be numbered.
I fully believe that we will be able to prove we matter.
Nobody else does what we do.

the_grand

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2017, 01:36:48 PM »
So what is O2 Webcasting? Does it have a recognized ASCAP license?

BullsEyeRadio

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2017, 06:36:18 AM »
My offer stands to those that are considering closing their stations :
Anyone who wants to continue broadcasting a live show, if your shutting down your station, drop me a line at : johnmichaels@bullseyeradio.com
We got a spot for you to do a show if your an Oldies
( 40s to the 80s ) DJ !
Thanks !

John

BullsEyeRadio

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2017, 06:03:09 PM »
Sad news for SL !!!!
I just got off the phone with ASCAP in regards to this matter at 2pm EST today and asked them about the StreamLicensing issue, and when they think it may be resolved with hopes of returning back here from where I am now licensed, and a lady named Lauren in Licensing , advised me that StreamLicensing is no longer licensed by ASCAP and ASCAP has no desire or intention of renewing their license again, not EVER !

BigFrank

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2017, 07:55:51 PM »
StreamLicensing is no longer licensed by ASCAP and ASCAP has no desire or intention of renewing their license again, not EVER !

If that's true, why have they stopped the threatening emails?

Big Frank

oldjoe

• View Profile
    • The Houston Rock Pile
Re: 2018
« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2017, 02:59:14 PM »
Help ! I am a tiny station perhaps 500 (THL) per week. I am tired of the StreamLicensing diet of good news, good news, BAD NEWS.
Nobody will miss me. Therefore, I intend to head back to Live 365.
Does anyone else have a suggestion for a 71 year old wanna be rock n' roll star ?--------- my station is  www.houstonrockpile.com
My direct email is josephbarry@msn.com
I would really like to have any low budget suggestions.
I have 15,000 mp3 rock n roll songs that I enjoy sharing. At least thank you for reading.     oldjoe

elvise

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2017, 04:37:17 PM »
Joe,

Live365 is really the only other “legal” and affordable option right now.  Sign up there and for $59 a month (if you agree to allow 4 minutes of ad time per hour), you’ll have 1500 TLH to play with.  From what you describe, that sounds like more than enough.  Good luck.

oldjoe

• View Profile
    • The Houston Rock Pile
« Reply #208 on: November 15, 2017, 06:41:36 AM »
elvise;
Thank you for the reply, I believe that will be my course of action. Again, thank you.
oldjoe