Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Licensing not paid?  (Read 10445 times)

oldjoe

• View Profile
    • The Houston Rock Pile
Re: Licensing not paid?
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2017, 11:53:05 AM »
I have received an email from SL and they indicated that negotiations were taking place and that this was a unilateral response from ASCAP.
SL indicated that they were working diligently to reach a mutual solution.
SL further indicated that members not panic and continue to march until
clarification can be achieved.
StreamLicensing has ALWAYS done right by me. This leads me to believe that perhaps the email from ASCAP is not 100% factual.
I intend to ride this out with StreamLicensing.
oldjoe

solidrockradio

• View Profile
    • Solid Rock Radio
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2017, 01:02:21 PM »
If you are on FB ask to join this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/internetradiobroadcasting/ there has been some extensive discussion of this. (it also covers a lot of other good stuff that helps us.)
I got an email from SL about it, but didn't get one from ASCAP.
My take is that there was a dispute that SL thought was resolved and ASCAP decided it wasn't.
Personally, based on my experience with Marvin and then the new ownership?
I'm gonna take SL's side.

Another aspect of this is us.
Obviously, if you are on this forum, you aren't part of the problem so I am not trying to insult any of you, but as a group, we Small Webcasters have a cultural problem: We don't engage well outside our listeners.
I know that Marvin and later Stardome represented us in the CRB rulings but we didn't represent ourselves.
We have no face.
We are utterly anonymous and invisible to the CRB and the PRO's.
We are just a tiny income stream with a huge potential value that they don't understand.
Maybe we should try to do something about that?

I agree, maybe start a coalition, I know there may have been some in the past, but one who has a face. I am willing to help in anyway I can, but I am limited on funds. So in that aspect, I will be useless lol
Building Your House On The Solid Rock Of Jesus Christ!
www.solidrockradio.org

transistoroldies

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2017, 06:57:12 AM »
New email today:
As you know, ASCAP sent you (and all other Streamlicening customers) received an email informing you that Streamlicensing's ASCAP license was terminated, effective June 30, 2017, and inviting you and your fellow Streamlicensing customers to obtain a discounted, easy-to-administer license agreement directly from ASCAP on ASCAP.com.

ASCAP took the step of terminating Streamlicensing's license as a result of Streamlicensing's breach of that license, including breach of its payment obligation.  Streamlicensing was first made aware that they were in breach several months ago.  They were given several opportunities to resolve the situation before the license was terminated.  Unfortunately, Streamlicensing never cured their breach and as a result, the license was terminated. 

Any and all claims or statements by Streamlicensing representatives or others that ASCAP acted inappropriately or otherwise outside of its rights under its license with Streamlicensing are false.

Regrettably, termination of Streamlicensing's ASCAP license agreement means that Streamlicensing customers are now without an ASCAP license.  To resolve this situation as fairly and efficiently as possible, ASCAP is affording all Streamlicensing customers a grace period through July 31, 2017 to obtain a license directly from ASCAP.  After July 31, 2017, performances of ASCAP music will be unauthorized.

Description: https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

If you are a Streamlicensing customer and would like to obtain the aforementioned ASCAP license, please click on this link https://licensing.ascap.com/?uid=6yfoQgEFY6U%2B0%2BtQPJW%2BurqijE%2FyjkKWNYGkAgA4SFU

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at

(212) 621-5698 or mdemagistris@ascap.com.

Thank you!

ASCAP New Media Licensing Team

Looks like Live365 might be an unwanted option after all. :(

BiglooRadio

• View Profile
    • Classic Rock 109
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2017, 07:06:44 AM »
yep... got same email today. so.. kinda wish SL would give some kind of update/rebuttal to this... granted we have until the end of the month, but nice to know what I should be planing for.
Lou
Classic Rock 109, Real Music. Real Classic Rock!
Powered by StationPlaylist & digiSTREAM SHOUTcast Hosting

mrbill

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2017, 07:11:47 AM »
I received the same email as well.  I hope things get worked out before July 31.

throwback91

• View Profile
    • Throwback 91
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2017, 07:13:49 AM »
Planning ahead in case this thing goes south.

Anyone have experience with the new Live365?
Throwback91.com
OKC's Vintage Christian Hits!

transistoroldies

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2017, 08:36:29 AM »
Some of the other folks on this forum said they are willing to sign up with ASCAP.  That's fine, but for me it's not so much the extra expense at stake here but the time required.  It will be your responsibility to report each and every ASCAP song you play to them.  That can be very time consuming.  This is not my full time job, it is a hobby.  I simply don't have any extra time to type up thousands of songs each month.

Stream Licensing (and Pro Streaming) has been great.  I've have very little problems over the 2 years or so I've been with them, but if I have to take the responsibility of reporting ASCAP songs directly to them each month I'd rather go with a company which IS licensed with ASCAP and will do the reporting for me.  My past experience with Live365 left a sour taste in my mouth, but if that is my only option to keep the time I spend on my station as it is, then I might have to leave SL and sign up.  There are no hard feelings.  I just have to do what is best for me personally.

On a side note, I've had some buffering and skipping issues with my ProStreaming account over the past 24 hours, submitted a ticket and haven't heard a word back.  It's really strange. :-\

BiglooRadio

• View Profile
    • Classic Rock 109
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2017, 09:18:12 AM »
Some of the other folks on this forum said they are willing to sign up with ASCAP.  That's fine, but for me it's not so much the extra expense at stake here but the time required.  It will be your responsibility to report each and every ASCAP song you play to them.  That can be very time consuming.  This is not my full time job, it is a hobby.  I simply don't have any extra time to type up thousands of songs each month.

Actually, I spoke to the guy (Max DeMagistris) at ASCAP. He told me that there is no reporting requirement for the plan they are offering us. The only requirement, he said, for next year and every year after is that the cost would rise to $250, and you would have to indicate your yearly revenue/expense (he also said "it's OK if that is zero") and report the number of hits on your web page for the year.

So there would be no need to report ASCAP artists to them.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:28:38 AM by BiglooRadio »
Lou
Classic Rock 109, Real Music. Real Classic Rock!