Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Low ATH on Saturday?  (Read 981 times)

mrbill

• View Profile
Low ATH on Saturday?
« on: August 27, 2017, 10:01:38 AM »
Anyone else have low ATH on Saturday?  Mine was 50, and I'm almost always over 200.

mrbill

• View Profile
Re: Low ATH on Saturday?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 07:19:32 AM »
True.  I'm in Southern California.  Normally I don't have many listeners in Texas.  My ATH for yesterday (Sunday) is zero, so something is definitely amiss.

TheDrunkenScoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 02:42:48 AM »

Okay, once I started writing this post I realized how convoluted and stupid it sounds...but I've been right before about issues which turned out bigger than this in scope, so humor me....it might be malware:

I've been having this issue off and on since June. I have had a couple of support tickets in about it and it seems to me this is part and parcel of the software issues they have been having which has led to the whole ASCAP B.S.
Often my Centova numbers don't jibe with SL, but often they do.
I asked Prostreaming for input and they claim the issue is with SL.
What I really think is happening....at least to some degree...is that there is a problem of some sort with the servers somewhere in the chain.
Whether that is with SL or PS or maybe even iTunes or Tunein etc. I am not sure.
I regularly check the geography of IP addresses, and although I a not a tech guy, my suspicion is that there may be folks out there doing some stream-hijacking to boost the number on their own service.
I can prove nothing, and am not accusing anyone of anything, but my weird hunches have proved true in other, unrelated areas when asked to test software etc.
I'm going to make a prediction here (which I hope is wrong), but I think there are groups of people hijacking traffic from many different types of sources to boost their own numbers.
WHY?
Because there always seems to be some sort of component, in all the instances I have seen, Internet Radio-related or not, where there was some sort of ad-insertion involved-whether it be banners, insertions, pre-rolls, etc. The ad-business is dying from lack of proof of effectiveness and people will go to great lengths JUST to prove traffic.
I KNOW this sounds convoluted and paranoid and all, but I have a hunch that somebody, somewhere, wrote some code which has infected servers and software for high-traffic sites/content-types.
Think about it: Outside of social media, who has the SAME site open for hours on end?
Listeners.
Sell software to media companies which ups their numbers.
Who the HELL will try to police that?
The reason I think I might be on to something is this: Most IP addresses can't be searched down to a physical address without a warrant or subpoena, yet one IP I searched DID....and it just happened to go to an address near a place I used to live...an out of the way 'server farm' in a slightly shady industrial area with no signage. None of my providers use that company.
Just my paranoid 2 cents.

mrbill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 07:06:13 AM »
My ATH came up zero again yesterday, so I'm going to put in a support ticket.

elvise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 06:35:39 PM »
I've done it, as well. Same issue.

metalrockradio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 04:44:35 AM »
I've been having low ATH since june myself. Now it been zero for several days now.

Stats at empirestreaming shows 1061 ATH for USA listener a 14 day report.

So how can I have this low of ATH for USA listener of 298 ATH for 30 days.

This all started after the ASCAP issue.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 04:58:00 AM by metalrockradio »

mrbill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 08:22:15 AM »
My 30 day ATH, which normally is close to 7,000, is at 86.  The problem has not been fixed yet.  I'm curious to see what my next bill will be.  If they base it off their ATH number, it will obviously be much lower than my normal monthly bill.

mrbill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 07:56:33 AM »
It looks like they may have finally fixed the problem.  I have gotten normal looking numbers the past two days.

1290 GLI

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 11:05:05 AM »
Mine are still broken.

mrbill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 06:40:51 AM »
I'm back to zero again.  It may have something to do with the work they are doing on the web site.

metalrockradio

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 03:22:08 AM »
Been zero here for months.

Several support tickets been issue by me.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:24:08 AM by metalrockradio »