Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Royalty Rates May Go Down (InsideRadio.Com)  (Read 3487 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
Royalty Rates May Go Down (InsideRadio.Com)
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:44:19 AM »
31 October 2011

Some 15 years after the first internet stations sprang up, no one has turned streaming into a profitable business, causing many to believe the current royalty rate structure needs to change for streaming to survive. Expectations are royalties will become more favorable for webcasters.  --http://www.insideradio.com/
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com

thomas

• View Profile
    • Big Mix Radio
Re: Royalty Rates May Go Down (InsideRadio.Com)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 07:03:26 AM »
Definitely a huge benefit, if this turns out to be true  ;) Marvin you should start a thread about sales, how to get advertisers, how to start out etc.. I worked in radio on small to medium market stations in the 90s. But I must admit I was never in sales. And since you have your own radio station, and you probably have sales staff.  it would be beneficial to all. Just a thought  8)

Kindest Regards,
Thomas

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
Re: Royalty Rates May Go Down (InsideRadio.Com)
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »
Definitely a huge benefit, if this turns out to be true  ;) Marvin you should start a thread about sales, how to get advertisers, how to start out etc.. I worked in radio on small to medium market stations in the 90s. But I must admit I was never in sales. And since you have your own radio station, and you probably have sales staff.  it would be beneficial to all. Just a thought  8)

Well, now, I've sold a lot of things over the last 58 years.  Unfortunately my largest failure is radio advertising sales  :(   

I've started two separate sales crews at WGNQ and neither one got off the ground.  I believe the second crew would have made it but I aborted at the last moment because I had a tentative buyer for the station and wanted to be fair to the sales personnel I was training.  Of course the sale of the station fell through, wouldn't you know it!

Internet radio is worlds different from terrestrial radio because of the geographically spread market rather than the more local market for AM/FM's.   I'll start a thread over in Station Promotion & Funding and share some ideas and maybe some others will share what works and what doesn't for them.
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com