Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: B.U.T.T. From Sourceforge  (Read 3526 times)

Brutish

• Hobbycaster
    • View Profile
B.U.T.T. From Sourceforge
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:33:16 PM »
B.U.T.T.  was developed to be very easy to use, and multi platform
(Windows users and linux)

~Whats great about this program~

- If you want to broadcast live, This program is very low resource intensive ( Ran it on a 2001 Pentium 2/windows xp) and it also will ouput stereo mix (even on windows 7)

~The downside~

- Its very simple.  Being lightweight, it will only take "stereo mix" (what you hear through your speakers) and stream the sound out.

- It is pain to deal with metadata (song and title display wise).  The program is designed to be be linked to the metadata text file your player uses.  If you dont want to take the time to configure this, you can always update the metadata manually during a live show, and switch to a good automation program (like SHOUT! Radio Automation) afterwords.

~The shades of Grey~

Overall, I would recommend it to someone that doesnt mind typing/pasting band names and titles for a live show.  Its not the program you want for an automation, as it doesnt do anything like that.  Its simply a well designed and flexable way to take sound from any source and stream it to an Icecast/Shoutcast server.

If your a windows user, it does have special advantages, like the fact that it only does source out makes it the ideal software to use when attempting things like taking skype calls on the air.

But a good start for beginning broadcasters doing a closely monitored 1-2 hour live show.
The HobbyCaster

wsimkins

• Staff Member
  • Administrator
  • Streaming Pioneer
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
Re: B.U.T.T. From Sourceforge
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 11:36:36 AM »
Rob,

I have something really COOL in the works! It's called DJC Auto Streamer. Email me for a sneak peak! You know how to get a hold of me.
Wes Simkins
Chief Operating Officer
StreamLicensing Networks LLC