Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Introduction..  (Read 21476 times)

Doc

• View Profile
    • Classic Hits Radio
Introduction..
« on: December 04, 2011, 12:31:02 PM »
Hello everyone. My real name is Dwight, but my friends call me "Doc". I started this thread so anyone with a station at SL can drop in, see who's NEW and introduce yourself. So I'll be first I guess.....

I operate a station with SL (and use ShoutCast) called "Classic Hits Radio". I play classic rock & of course classic hits within the rock, album rock genre. I admit, I am a music "junkie". My life is music. By day, I'm a Pro Driving Instructor. And yes, I am a "baby-boomer" child, growing up with the likes of The Beatles etc. I couldn't imagine a world without music - it' so universal.

If you get a chance drop by the station, have a listen and send any comments you might have.  :)
And get your shameless promotion here as well...lol

http://classichitsradio.weebly.com
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:34:59 PM by Doc »
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" (The Beatles)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
Re: Introduction..
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 11:06:13 AM »
Great Idea, Doc!

I have been interested in radio ever since my eyes opened.  Got my amateur radio license in the sixties when I was in high school.  I remember getting up early before school and getting a big bang out of tapping out Morse code to someone in the next state or in the next country.  I worked in radio and TV in both operations management and engineering while in college.

Was clear out of the field for many years, when I purchased a terrestrial AM station in 2005, added an FM side to the station and realized I was the wrong guy to make that thing go.  In the meantime, I discovered Internet Radio and the world-wide listening potential it has and I see a whole lot of potential for Internet Radio,  potential that terrestrial radio will never have.

My goal for this forum is for it to become the one stop source for radio information and fellowship.  So guys and gals, tell us about yourself and your interest in radio.
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com

Red Earth Radio

• View Profile
    • Red Earth Radio
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »
My name is Tim. I am interested unsigned bands. Some of the best music is yet to be discovered. Hey Marvin, I'm KB8BEG with a Yaesu FT-101ZD.

RockRadio1

• View Profile
    • RockRadio1 Classic Hard Rock & Heavy Metal Radio
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 04:58:32 PM »
Hi All, My name is Joseph. Glad to be on board.  ;)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 09:16:02 AM »
Welcome to all our new forum members.  Joseph, if you don't mind, tell us a bit about your self and geographic location.

Tim, I'm WB4WSL with an old TenTec solid state rig from many years ago.  Haven't been active in a long time, but might have time and energy in a few more years when I "retire."  I used to talk on SSB 20 meters from my service truck as I drove from one service call to another (HVAC/Refrigeration/Appliances).  That was a long time ago!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:52:34 AM by admin »
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com

RockRadio1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »
Sure Marvin.

I am located in the UK. I have been involved in online radio since 2007. I decided to start my station after finding the offerings at that time a bit lacking in sound quality and content. I made it my goal to provide a high quality stream with no commercials and no excessive repeats, to have a place where people can come and gather and enjoy the music without any hassles and no drama.  ;)

Doc

• View Profile
    • Classic Hits Radio
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 11:25:58 AM »
Great concept Joseph!. I can echo that. I too was looking for the same thing. I spent time with Live365 and Loudcaster, and now StreamLicensing (and Shoutcast). Hope you enjoy your time here. Marvin has a great thing going here and we need to get behind this so we all survive!
Kudos to you Joseph.  ;). Welcome aboard mate!

RockRadio1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 11:35:58 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome Doc  ;)

Doc

• View Profile
    • Classic Hits Radio
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 11:41:22 AM »
My pleasure Joseph!  8)

BroadStar Radio

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 08:58:30 AM »
My names Richard I am 39 and live in Milton Keynes in England.

My partner got me started in Internet Radio having 24  years experience.

We were both with a station ( remaining nameless) for a while which although everything started out well with people being friendly we eventually discovered the truth being the folks were nice to your face but nasty behind your back.

Nowadays my partner has found a better home although I am looking into starting my own station.

It was strange seeing this site using the SMF forum as I have used SMF for a few years now with my current forum being active for almost 2 years now. The theme for my forum is the area where I live.

Personal hobbies include, reading, gardening, camping, cycling, internet (obviously), music, gaming (Nintendo Wii).

Anything else let me please let me know.

thelegacy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 10:50:30 AM »
Hi my name is Troy but go by Voodoohippie on the Radio.  Why Voodoohippie you may ask?  Well its a long story but to put it in a nut shell I believe in metaphysics (but am open minded to Christian belief) and though I don't look like a hippie I play the part.  My interest in Radio started when I was 8 yrs old however my real Mom was sort of anti technology and thought it was silly and a waste of time.  I remember as a kid me and a few students from the school for the Blind bought an FM Radio transmitter from a classified ad in Popular Electronics.  We all saved for the thing which was a few hundread dollars and put it on the air.  I transmitted at 88.3 Mhz at the time and it was about 1979 or so.  Me and my buddies played Progressive Rock, Classic Rock and we even made up a call sign (yes we were bad boys now) WRKW and called it Real Rock Radio.  The station only went a mile and a half but that didn't matter we were having fun with it.  Later I went on to a Real Licensed college station WOCR and played my Progressive Rock, Classic Rock there legally.

Later I decided to run an Internet Radio station in which my passion was resurrected by my Stepson when I told him about my Radio antics in the 60s and he said "common build another station and run it here!"

My station plays Album rock (Classic Rock, Progressive Rock) and I use RadioLoyalty as my host and per Marvin allows me to open right up to their player.  I even made a direct dot TK link to the player as well for those who are at work since it streams through port 80 and can get through most firewalls.  Plus I'm on the StreamLicensing directory and Shoutcast Directory as well as iTunes and TuneIn all in 128K.  If you love Classic Rock, Progressive Rock (Album Rock) More than hits You'll absolutely love The Legacy.

thelegacyradio.tk (Listen link and Chat)
thelegacyfm.tk(Direct port 80 128K stream)

Tex

• View Profile
    • KXZR FM
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
Hello to everyone....my real name is Sean but my nickname is Tex - picked that up when I lived out in L.A. for about year back in 92 - stuck with me ever since. My background in radio is that my dad was in it for about 25 years. We moved all over Texas and Colorado in the late 60s and early to mid 70s. When I got 'old enough' to pick my career path, I swore off radio - I hated moving! But here I am about 20 years later wanting to do radio. I went to school last year for broadcasting and graduated this past March. I did the dutiful thing and applied to every radio station I could, yet without 'experience' and 'hands on skills' I never got so much as a "Thank but no thank you" note. So I said 'To heck with it all, I'll start my own gig!" I have this idea of doing internet radio for at least 12 years, and now technology (and legal means) allows me to fulfill my dream. I am slowly getting my station off the ground. I have a domain name, stream provider, website host and am legally licensed to play my 800+ (and growing) MP3s......Thanks Marvin for doing this.....

Sionnach

• Beag air bheag.
    • View Profile
    • Hard To Port Radio
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 12:30:20 PM »
Hi everyone!

My real name is Stephanie and I'm based in Baltimore, MD. I'm currently working to set up my station...

Right now, I'm building playlists, schedules and running many, many tests on my internal network to check the stability of my systems. I'll be setting up a dedicated server and other stuff and I am hoping to have everything ready to go by February '13, at which point I'll get my hosting and (Stream-)licensing all in place. Still a lot to do though.

I've already got a full week of programming in place (20 hours playlisted, 4 hours auto on a moving schedule each day for 7 days with some programs rotating in and out). The station will be multi-format, playing a wide range of genres... or at least that's the plan. I knew that CD collection would come in useful one day... The choice of music will have something of a British slant to it, since that's where I'm from, originally (Scotland to be specific).

Really, this is something I've been thinking about doing for almost a year; it's a hobby and I'm sure that I'm not gonna make anything from it, but it's not about that for me. :) Then again, if I can attract listeners, who knows?!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 12:35:52 PM by Sionnach »
Le gach deagh dhùrachd / with very best wishes,
Steaphanaidh.

oldgold

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 12:18:28 PM »
My name is Jack.  I am not exactly new here as I signed onto StreamLicensing in October of 2011, but never introduced myself here.  I do recognize several names here from Loudcaster. 

I am approaching 70 years old, but mentally and physically I am much younger.  I first became a radio DJ in 1966 at a small station in Arcata, CA.  When I started there we had a couple hundred listeners and the following year we were number one in the market in every demographic. It was a team effort and I learned a lot in the process. 

Eventually, I worked as booth announcer in television and later moved to Hollywood where I worked for a national advertising and promotion company. 

I retired from another entertainment company in February 2009 and one of my many hobbies is Internet Radio. 

I would like to thank Marvin for what he has done and is doing.  He came up with the perfect business model and almost overnight became the guy that others are copying.  In my opinion Marvin saved internet radio.  Thank You Marvin.   

icastcenter

• StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
    • View Profile
    • iCastCenter.com
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 10:46:05 PM »
Great words Jack... Marvin surely has saved Internet radio!
Brandon Wade
Owner, iCastCenter.com - StreamLicensing Preferred Provider
http://www.icastcenter.com