Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Why a radio station?  (Read 3530 times)

Brutish

• Hobbycaster
    • View Profile
Why a radio station?
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:02:55 PM »
"Brains, integrity, and force may be all very well, but what you need today is Charm. Go ahead and work on your economic programs if you want to, I'll develop my radio personality. "
Gracie Allen

Since the year of the first internet radio broadcast in January of 1998 by the founding fathers of internet radio (Tom Pepper, Justin Frankel, and Steve "Tag" Loomis), Internet radio has expanded by leaps and bounds, and technology has bridged a gap that allows even the leisure home broadcaster the ability to do shows with quality on a commercial level.

With all this aside, there are multiple reasons to run a broadcast.  A community based radio to keep your local social circle informed, a home broadcaster looking for a past time hobby, or a radio pioneer attempting to move up in the industry. The reasons are countless.   The biggest questions usually are "How do I do it?" or "What rules do I have to follow?"

If you are visiting the Stream Licensing site, I’m guessing you have already figured out the answer to the first question.  If you haven’t, I will answer that through these tutorials. Don’t worry; it's easier than you think.
The HobbyCaster