Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Just an FYI about mobile apps and videos on our personal website domains  (Read 11885 times)

thomas

• View Profile
    • Big Mix Radio
I know I made this mistake about 2 years ago, and I know there are people that are using their own personal station apps for Android, iPhones etc... So listeners can listen on the go, however the music industry considers this a separate license, therefore it is not covered under the umbrella license we use and have. I know Marvin  has mentioned the idea of having an app for Streamlicensing LLC, that one ,when rolled out ,would be legal. Another thing to note is that music videos , have a copyright as well, and cannot be used unless under a licensed domain to play copyright material, such as Streamlicensing LLC. Which means that if, Marvin can answer this one, we are allowed to use music videos, then they could only be watched off the custom launch pages through streamlicensing.com, not on the personal websites domains we use. At any rate, just good advice =-), "If in doubt check it out =-) Better safe than sorry =-)

Thomas

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
Re: Just an FYI about mobile apps and videos on our personal website domains
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:49:38 AM »
I look for our App to be out very early in January.  In the meantime, I suggest referring your listeners to tunein.com (make sure you are listed with tunein though, the listing is free) or possibly wunderradio.  Both use the tunein.com tunein list to display stations, last I checked.  Our upcoming App will work well and make the experience easy for your listeners to access your station.  Stay tuned!

Re. music videos.  Without in-depth checking I will have to say you are not covered by StreamLicensing.  It requires a completely different accounting and record-keeping procedure even for those agreements that we have that might cover it.  So the answer today is no, not covered.

You can explore using videos from places like youtube but you are on your own on that.
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com

RockRadio1

• View Profile
    • RockRadio1 Classic Hard Rock & Heavy Metal Radio
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 05:01:46 PM »
Shoutcast also has a free app http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shoutcast-radio/id299647180?mt=8 (assuming of course your station uses shoutcast and you have it listed in the shoutcast YP)

Shameless plug: My station is listed on the front 'featured stations' page of the app as choosen by the editors.  :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:03:49 PM by RockRadio1 »

wsimkins

• Streaming Guru
  • Administrator
  • Streaming Pioneer
    • View Profile
    • ProStreaming
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 07:24:59 AM »
TuneIn is the best. Since getting listed with them I see a bunch of folks using them. I actually purchased the Pro version for my Blackberry Storm and it works perfectly!
Wes

Trip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 06:55:52 PM »
I've been referring listeners to tunein's mobile apps.

ChuckGarrett

• View Profile
Did the Streamlicensing app ever debut? 
Chuck Garrett
Keeping old radio alive with new technology!

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
Did the Streamlicensing app ever debut?

I'll be eager to employ something like this on my SL custom page if possible. I would like to look to the future and mobile app streaming is not something to treat haphazardly like I have in the past. It's not an "alternative" anymore. It's the preferred way to stream and will only grow more & more over the next few years.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
Our radio button player does play on most iPhones, iPads, and some Androids, but I am negotiating now to get a good, legal StreamLicensing app out the door. It is high priority and I hope to have it in the next 30-60 days at the most.
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com

AltaredLives

• Gospel Hip Hop and Rhythm-n-Gospel
    • View Profile
Wow -- that's great, Marvin!  8)