Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
Station Directory
Radio Players
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
Resource Partners
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Do I really have to open my players only under your domain? YES read this!  (Read 11722 times)


  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 160
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
Signing up for affiliation with StreamLicensing LLC only brings license coverage when you complete the steps listed in our welcome letter: 1) enter your streams in our system and make sure we have validated that we are pulling stats correctly 2) push your player and player launch links to your free custom content folder under our domain 3) enter our logo/text affiliation banner on your website.  Here is some interesting correspondence between BMI and one of our Affiliates who, fortunately did have all three points properly in place.  (Names removed).  Read from the bottom up to gain the real picture, and notice how important replying to the inquiry from the licensing agency really is.


Hi ---------

Thank you for your reply.  I took a closer look at your website and see that it is properly redirecting to a subpage.  I apologize for my oversight.  No further action is required on your part.


From: ---------------
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:54 PM
To: ----------------
Subject: Re: BMI License Needed - ----------------

I am an "active" member of Stream Licensing, LLC found at As far as I know, they report all of our music, as well as our royalty and performance fees. What else needs to be done? I'll also be in contact with our customer service agent Marvin at Stream Licensing, LLC at to make sure everything is correct.

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:53:29 -0500
To: -----------------
Subject: RE: BMI License Needed -

I have not received any response to the email below.  This is a matter of U.S. Copyright that requires your immediate attention.  Please let me know when you can be available to discuss.


From: BMI
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:23 PM
Subject: BMI License Needed - ----------


I am writing to inform you that is unlicensed by BMI for the public performances of BMI licensed musical works.

U.S. Copyright Law grants songwriters, composers and publishers (copyright owners) an exclusive “public performing right,” requiring anyone else to obtain permission to use their music and allowing them to receive compensation for the use of their music in any public environment, including online.

You may review the appropriate agreement for your websites here:  It is critical that you contact me immediately in order to secure a BMI license for your service.

Until you execute a BMI license, BMI must reserve all rights and remedies available to it with respect to any unauthorized public performances of BMI licensed musical works.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:38:04 PM by admin »