Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Station Playlist & Creator  (Read 18457 times)

Trip

• View Profile
Station Playlist & Creator
« on: January 18, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »
I've used about every broadcast software out there, mac and pc. And at the end of the day, for the price and what you get, Station Playlist is the best. For $149.00 you can get the studio and creator which will make playlists for you any way you want. Plus it sounds better than any of the others out there. Rivendell I've heard is good, but only if you have a high end soundcard.
I've had SAM since it's inception, and it has always been the most buggy software out there, and way overpriced.
Just my two cents. Take it with a grain of salt.  :)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
Re: Station Playlist & Creator
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »
Rivendell is a quality piece of automation, I experimented with it for my AM/FM station and for my Internet Station.  However, from my perspective it is way too complicated for what most of us need, it certainly was too complicated for what I need at WGNQ or All Southern Gospel Radio.

I tested SAM when starting the Internet station and I was just not at all interested in dealing with the mini-programming stuff I would have had to learn to make it do what I wanted.  I discarded it in a hurry. However, we do have affiliates who use it, understand it, and like it and probably can help you if you need help with Sam.

I tested various other automation programs including RadioBoss and Station Playlist.  The top three for me were Station Playlist, RadioBoss and RadioDJ.  I settled on RadioDJ which is very intuitive for me, and I have excellent results with it.   

However, IF I hadn't settled on RadioDJ, I very likely would have gone with Station Playlist ,it ran a very close second for what I am doing. I understand it is very stable and can do most anything you want it to do, has a great reputation in both Internet and Terrestrial Broadcasting and I am told it comes with good customer support.  I saw a good review of it the other day here: http://www.thebdr.net/articles/IT/software/CIO-SPL.pdf
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:46:59 PM by admin »
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com

IsaacRealRadioI94

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »
I just switched to StationPlaylist and it is night and day compared to the buggy as heck SAM.

wsimkins

• Staff Member
  • Administrator
  • Streaming Pioneer
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 11:25:53 AM »
I just switched to StationPlaylist and it is night and day compared to the buggy as heck SAM.

Station Playlist has my vote as well. I'm using the Pro Version.
Wes Simkins
Chief Operating Officer
StreamLicensing Networks LLC

LMTTRR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 10:22:57 AM »
I just posted on another thread about SPL. I've been using it for roughly 4 years now, and it does everything I need for operating the station extremely well.

I used SAM when first starting, however, I had some issues with the software doing what I wanted. SAM is a decent program though, and works for many webcasters.

Support for SPL is great, including a Yahoo Group where users chime in to help each other. Ross, from SPL is there everyday as well (except when on vacation).

Rivendell is more than capable, but as Admin says, likely more than most Internet Broadcasters need. It was fun to play with though.

BiglooRadio

• View Profile
    • Classic Rock 109
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 05:17:49 AM »
Station Playlist gets 2 thumbs up from me. I've used SAM, then OTSSJ (OTSAV). After many years with OTS, I found SPL and haven't looked back. Going on about 3-1/2 years with SPL now.
Lou
Classic Rock 109, Real Music. Real Classic Rock!