Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Coustomizing A Launch Page?  (Read 3662 times)

The CUBE

• Big 80s Hair & Big 80s Hits
    • View Profile
    • River Region Radio
Coustomizing A Launch Page?
« on: August 11, 2014, 01:58:50 PM »
If this is a repeated question and it has been answered elsewhere, I am sorry, and would you please direct me to the appropriate place. I call myself looking over the forum and the knowledge base but to no avail.  I may have overlooked it, or I may not be identifying the issue properly.  With that said, here goes. 

Is there a way to customize the launch page (?) which I understand that BMI requires?  I have attached the page I'd like to customize.  Thanks for your help. 
Kyle Kessler, Owner
The Cube ~ Big 80s Hair & Big 80s Hits

thomas

• View Profile
    • Big Mix Radio
Re: Coustomizing A Launch Page?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 06:01:05 AM »
Yes, actually you can customize even that page  8) If you have some knowledge of HTML, you could save the page to your computer, then open that page with a text editor. And edit the HTML. Then, when done editing, save as .html and upload back to your SL file directory.

Also you can create a listen page, that uses your website template, then upload that to your SL file directory. Then you would link your listen tab, icon etc.. to that SL page.

IMPORTANT  INFO WHEN MAKING CUSTOM PAGES:

In order to comply with BMI and make them happy , you would need to make sure that the page is uploaded under the StreamLicensing domain under your account.This is because, the actual licensed domain is streamlicensing.com . We are affiliate stations to SL  :)  Also, this is very important as well, when the listen page link is created make sure that when the listen page opens, your domain completely closes.

In other words ,when a listener clicks that link to launch the listen page from your domain, you website must open the listen page under SL, and completely close your website or domain. Automatically of course  :) This is also a requirement of BMI.

If a station launches a listen page or player etc.. under their own domain, then legally, they are taking on the role of a licensed domain. I hope this is making sense =-) So as long as you upload that custom page to SL under your station account and you have set the linking correctly on your domain you will be fine  ;D

I hope this helps =-)
Thomas
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:24:19 AM by thomas »

The CUBE

• Big 80s Hair & Big 80s Hits
    • View Profile
    • River Region Radio
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 07:58:41 AM »
I plan on using it (the page attached) as it is but prettying it up a bit.  after I get it built, I understand that I'll have to upload it to my files on SL's server, but what do i name it?  Is the current page on my portion of the server now? Thanks for you prompt reply.
Kyle Kessler, Owner
The Cube ~ Big 80s Hair & Big 80s Hits

thomas

• View Profile
    • Big Mix Radio
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 08:11:16 AM »
You can name it anything you wish 8) The current default page is not under you upload section, you will have to upload it there when you get it ready ;)

Thomas