Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Music Tracks Downloaded from Torrents  (Read 5942 times)

mrbusinessgolf

• View Profile
Music Tracks Downloaded from Torrents
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:10:34 AM »
Can the tracks downloaded from the bit-torrents be legally broadcasted? 

thomas

• View Profile
    • Big Mix Radio
Re: Music Tracks Downloaded from Torrents
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 09:37:35 AM »
mrbusinessgolf wrote:

Is the music downloaded from bit-torrents legal for broadcasting on a radio program?

No, they are not 'legal'. The main reason is that sharing music over p2p networks without the consent of the labels, artist etc..., is illegal.  There is also a risk that that the copy may be a bootleg copy, and in most case the fidelity of the audio is not great. And to clarify one more thing, any 'special' mixes (dance edits in particular) are "not legal" either unless the audio engineer or in most cases the broadcaster has permission to create the edit from the labels, artist, composer or copyright holder. Sharing music without permission from the copyright holder is 'illegal' , and is called 'PIRACY'.

Look, it is simple =-) The artist among others deserve to get paid for their works. It is the fair and right thing to do! I am not saying I agree with the pay scale we have to pay from the labels. Personally I think it is too high, but as my dad used to say "rules is rules". The good news is that we are fortunate that we can legally broadcast all the music our stations use, as long as we have a license to do so. Remember, get your music legally, which means it will cost money and will not be free. If you are an internet radio station that is licensed to play copyright material , through StreamLicensing LLC, you can go to http://tmstudios.com/music.asp ,which is the exact copies / and or edits, of music that terrestrial radio stations use, as TMStudios serves AM / FM stations.

Thomas
All Pop Hits Radio
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 09:50:53 AM by thomas »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »
You can also get free, legitimate copies of new/current music from places like airplaydirect once you establish yourself as a legitimate station.  These places are in business to promote their artists' projects and get them out to stations.
Marvin
StreamLicensing.Com

wsimkins

• Staff Member
  • Administrator
  • Streaming Pioneer
    • View Profile
    • StreamLicensing
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 07:42:33 AM »
You can also get free, legitimate copies of new/current music from places like airplaydirect once you establish yourself as a legitimate station.  These places are in business to promote their artists' projects and get them out to stations.

I've been with Airplay Direct from their inception. They are a great service.
Wes

Renegade Roadhouse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 09:37:53 AM »
Another possible source is UncompressedMusic.com one of Dave Scott's current companies after he sold Scott Studios.  We broadcast breaths who exhale dust might remember he was behind GoldDiscs and HitDiscs for TMCentury.  All files are 1440 mpbs .wav

I've corresponded w/him about buying songs from him for on-line streaming.  He said yes, as long we're licensed, which as SL affiliates means yes.  Still, I'd check w/them before ordering.

I'll probably continue with Amazon 256 kbps mp3s for the few occasional downloads we have left, as there's a$50 min. credit card transaction required, although I believe you can download songs in small quantities at a time.   Prices range from $1.25 - $1.35 per song.