Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT  (Read 2471 times)

BiglooRadio

• View Profile
    • Classic Rock 109
SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT
« on: November 06, 2015, 01:34:26 PM »
I friend of mine has a station that was listed on TuneIn. While I don't know all the details, they received a notice from TuneIn indicating that Sony Music Entertainment complained that the station did not have an agreement with them to play their music (DMCA complaint). Therefore, their station was pulled from TuneIn. They have not received anything from ASCAP, SESAC, BMI or SoundExchange.

My question is, is SONY now a separate entity in all this licensing/royalty  mumbo jumbo?

Why would SONY get involved at all with this, instead of having ASCAP, BMI, SESAC or SE handle it?

Lastly, are StreamLicensing customers covered when it comes to SONY Music?

An excerpt of the notice they received from Tunein is as follows:

Certain content you are broadcasting through TuneIn, located at http://www.tunein.com/radio/############/, was the subject of a takedown notice we received from Sony Music Entertainment ("Sony") pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).  Sony has asserted ownership of certain music content, and that you are broadcasting this content through TuneIn’s streaming service without permission to do so.
Lou
Classic Rock 109, Real Music. Real Classic Rock!