Listen to your favorite music from our licensed radio stations!   

Home Station Directory Radio Players  
Pricing & Signup Broadcaster's Area
 Navigation:
Home
 Listeners:
Station Directory
Radio Players
 Broadcasters:
Broadcasters Area
Pricing & Signup
F.A.Q.
Resource Partners
Tutorials
Community Forum
LoudCity Forum
Legal Info
Contact Us

Author Topic: Crickets...  (Read 2398 times)

TheDrunkenScoundrel

• View Profile
Re: Crickets...
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 12:10:50 AM »
I'v ehad issues on and off it the O2 app for a while...I was off it a coule days ago, but since it has returned it is working better.
Oh, the pleasures of being the Little Guy.

elvise

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2017, 03:36:20 PM »
Drunken, they finally got it fixed (Oi2 player issue) last week.

Now, the latest thing:  it's the 3rd of the month and they haven't yet (as of this morning) sent out the reporting e-mail reminder.  Maybe it's because their listener hours/performances counting mechanism is now broken. If it's not one thing, it's another.  Will this ever end?

gilmatthews

• View Profile
    • Reunite With Lost Oldies In The Retro Attic!
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2017, 04:43:29 PM »
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here yet. This was a response from BMI:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding Streamlicensing.com. Unfortunately, Streamlicensing.com is not currently licensed by BMI for any public performances on the service after July 13, 2017.

At this time we are reviewing the situation but remain committed to resolving with Streamlicensing.

Best,

The Digital Licensing Team"

Interpret it as you want, but I don't think SL is doing anything on anyone's behalf anymore...payments, ATH reporting, etc.
"I'm Together, I'm Apart, I'm Forever At The Start. Still, I Am."

elvise

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 05:38:18 PM »
Wow. If this is true, I'm outta here.

I guess no one here thought to ask BMI what their position was.  Everybody's too focused on ASCAP.  Gil, if I may ask, what was that "response" you got from them in reference to?  Just a simple question like, "are we covered?"

Richard

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 05:51:38 PM by elvise »

gilmatthews

• View Profile
    • Reunite With Lost Oldies In The Retro Attic!
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 06:14:42 PM »
Wow. If this is true, I'm outta here.

I guess no one here thought to ask BMI what their position was.  Everybody's too focused on ASCAP.  Gil, if I may ask, what was that "response" you got from them in reference to?  Just a simple question like, "are we covered?"

Richard

We have a fellow broadcaster on Facebook who has taken it upon himself to call and/or write the PROs and find out what's going on. He has also filed papers with the Orange County sheriff's department in Florida and the Florida Attorney General.

Some other broadcasters think he's stirring the pot too much, but think about it...we're not getting any clear, concise answers from SL. I, for one, am glad that he did the legwork. This is a lot of unaccounted money we're talking about if, in fact, none of the PROs have been paid since the end of '16(around 650 bucks just for me).

There are also several others on Facebook who are concerned about their ATH being drastically different or non-existent. Can it get any uglier?
"I'm Together, I'm Apart, I'm Forever At The Start. Still, I Am."

elvise

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 06:40:08 PM »
No, it can't. I quit SL already once in early August and was coaxed back by the "customer service rep" who said, "yes, we now have an agreement with ASCAP."

After finding out that, no, they didn't have an agreement with them, I pulled all my ASCAP music off my stations.  Now, if I have to pull all BMI music, too, I'll be down to a 6-song playlist!

This is just too much.

Thank you for this eye-opening info.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 06:43:12 PM by elvise »

TheDrunkenScoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 11:36:39 PM »
Drunken, they finally got it fixed (Oi2 player issue) last week.

Now, the latest thing:  it's the 3rd of the month and they haven't yet (as of this morning) sent out the reporting e-mail reminder.  Maybe it's because their listener hours/performances counting mechanism is now broken. If it's not one thing, it's another.  Will this ever end?
Probably not any time soon.
This is going to be a long process.

CharlieF

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 08:08:20 AM »
I think we are on a death watch at this point. If it's true that BMI has suspended SL's license, that is not good, if law enforcement is involved that makes it worse. I am working to move off of SL before month's end. If you look at the station directory on the main website There are only 999 there and that number is dropping daily. I think at their peak SL was close to 5,000 affiliates.

the_grand

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 12:35:32 PM »
Have there been any more communications from SL? At this point I'm out of the loop myself, but I would like to know what's happening in the event things take an upturn.

I'm not counting on anything good at this point, but not ready to stop hoping for a resolution, either.

With news of the BMI license being cancelled also, I have to say that I'm glad I did not sign up with ASCAP.

transistoroldies

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 12:40:44 PM »
Nothing since August 24. :-\

elvise

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 05:00:18 PM »
Hey the_grand,

Get on Facebook and request to join the "Internet Broadcasting Group." Then, once accepted, search "streamlicensing" and sort by Most Recent. 

Then you drill down on each particular topic in order to see all the replies.

There, they are much more on top of things than this board, which seems to be frequented by only a handful of broadcasters.

But, there are clearly two factions--one group that wants to take a wait and see approach (personally, I think we're way beyond that point), some of whom paid ASCAP the $200 and another group who have bailed, including a couple of broadcasters who have taken matters to the authorities in Florida. I don't blame them one bit. I've paid over $1,000 myself since last November.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:05:48 PM by elvise »

CharlieF

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 05:48:53 PM »
I have very little faith in SL or whatever the company is being called this week in resolving this issue. If law enforcement is involved it could be a matter of weeks or even days before SL is shut down.

TheDrunkenScoundrel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 09:03:24 PM »
BMI stated in an email to one client of SL that they were working with SL to resolve this issue.
This makes ASCAP's response (IMHO) pretty crappy and maybe even downright deceptive.
I am much less worried than most because I live in California and we have a law here that allows citizens to basically assume the mantle of the CA State Attorney General.
If I feel I have been wronged I will take that route.
As it stands now I am standing pat and waiting for the dust to settle.
There is a great deal of legal wrangling in the industry right now and I expect it to be that way for some time.
I continue to pay my bills and will continue to act in good faith.
I know I have options so I am going to do things the way I have been doing them.
If someone comes to me and says I need to pay them extra, I will deal with it then.

CharlieF

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 03:28:44 AM »
You wrote: "BMI stated in an email to one client of SL that they were working with SL to resolve this issue." That's great news, but why aren't we hearing that from SL? I personally don't feel wronged, but I don't like the way this is being handled. Again if law enforcement is looking into this it could get ugly not to mention put a lot of pressure on SL to settle this even if the terms aren't in their (our) favor because we would have to bear the brunt of a price increase. Logistically I may not be able to switch off SL by the end of the month unless it's not by my choice. Of course I will re-evaluate the situation, but I am leaning to bail if this situation still isn't going in the right direction.

FM5280

• View Profile
    • 5280 Light Jazz
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 07:10:33 AM »
It's been well over 30 days since the last official word from SL/OI2, anyone have any insight as to what is going on?  No news is NOT good news in this case.  I have to assume that both sides are stalemated at his point in time.
Rob Oyler, Program Director
No longer broadcasting due to StreamLicensing no longer being covered by ASCAP & BMI and their failure to pay royalties we paid to SL.